• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Amazing Trilogy of profound Cinema.

I should watch them again, whilst it's still dark and great outside.
    I'm looking forward to watching the final one and will doubtless watch them all again before too long, as I suspect there are a number of aspects of the first and second that one doesn't really register on first viewing

Comment

Remainder of the cold cocktail sausages for lunch, with crisps

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And then I decided to have a watch of The West Wing, as a reminder of what it used to be possible to imagine politics could be like. Last time I spent any time watching it, I ended up skipping a number of episodes of the first season to get to to something more exciting, so I went back to resume there, the first skipped episode being Enemies. It turned out to be one of those with a minor political hook on which to hang some slightly whimsical fluff about the characters and their relationships, which are always the least interesting episodes, but there we go
        A year ago today, and I still haven't finished

Comment

A year ago today, and I still haven't finished
          IIRC I started a rewatch of Breaking Bad but circumstances prevented me from reaching the end of the first season.

I watched the Final Episode again a couple of months ago.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I suppose I'll end up going through the bins emptying the black bin liners (there doesn't need to be any kind of bin liner anyway; I use my stock of pre-bag-charge carrier bags, but you can put stuff in loose) as nobody else around here seems willing to accept any responsibility
            And so it came to pass

Well, I did the four recycling bins nearest our back yard gate; there are four more further up also bursting with black bin liners, but we'll wait and see if anybody up that end of the terrace manages to work it out

I just ripped open a couple of bin liners for each, as the loose contents adequately conceal any that are further down

Comment

X5 home again.

This evening's walk home was extended in time by the X55 getting itself stuck between a garden wall and a artic in the Transco gas pipe renewal chicane.

It took the better part of 10 minutes to sort it out.

How the feck the artic got around the 90 degree bend at the top of the road in the roadworks is anyone's guess.

<hiatus>

This evening's repast was lentil <pffffft> soup.

It was very nice.

One of my Morrisons cox's orange apples was bad.

<hiatus>

Watched last week's "The Good Place".

The current epic is "Shadowlands" with Sir Anthony Hopkins & Debra Winger.

No vampires, werewolves, or wardrobes have been observed so far.

Shadowlands (1993) - IMDb

<hiatus>

One wardrobe was observed, located in the attic.

Whilst full of old clothes, it proved, sadly enough, to have a back, thusly destroying some childish illusions.

It's rather an affecting film, all in all, old Tony does his stuff well, it must be said (though he was 25 years younger when they made it in 1993).
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 January 2019, 22:32.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Very enjoyable evening meal of ribeye steak and chips

Comment

Very enjoyable evening meal of ribeye steak and chips
                  Child#2 back from work trip to China today.

We had Chinese for dinner to celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Child#2 back from work trip to China today.

We had Chinese for dinner to celebrate.
                    Proper British Chinese food, not that foreign muck you get in China

Comment

During my bin liner shenanigans earlier I discovered that one of the recycling bins wasn't quite full; it's just been behind the other unemptied ones for so long, nobody's tried to use it. So I got rid of most of my recycling, which has been accumulating since the Saturday after Christmas when they last got emptied

Comment

Working...
                      X