• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Proper British Chinese food, not that foreign muck you get in China
    Given that restaurants in China have their menus in Chinese (and in Guangzhou mostly don't speak English), and child#2 is strictly veggie, she appears to have ended up eating nothing but pasta at an Italian place

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Given that restaurants in China have their menus in Chinese (and in Guangzhou mostly don't speak English), and child#2 is strictly veggie, she appears to have ended up eating nothing but pasta at an Italian place
      Sounds very wise to me.

Though the lack of Vitamin C might be problematic.

Never trust foreign muck in a country where they produce fake eggs FFS.

No vampires, werewolves or wardrobes were harmed in this evening's epic.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And so tonight, the end of Kieślowski's trilogy with Three Colours: Red (1994) (Trois couleurs: Rouge), in which student and model Irène Jacob forms an unlikely friendship with a retired judge who spies on his neighbours, while her own neighbour who she somehow never meets encounters his own successes and losses. Beautifully shot like the others, and I think I'll need to watch all of them again to better appreciate them.

And a bit more of The West Wing, as it Needs to be Eaten™

Goodnight all

Comment

And so tonight, the end of Kieślowski's trilogy with Three Colours: Red (1994) (Trois couleurs: Rouge)
          I think I'll give that lot a miss, a bit too intellectual for my mundane tastes.

Morning.

Black, as black as my heart.

Colder. 14.7 in the living room, with 4.6 in the laundry room, min of 4.1.

Wetter.

Much Wetterer.

Windier.

Much Windier.

No Venus or Jupiter or anything much visible this morning.

Dawn's rosy fingers invisible.

But, as ever looking on the Bright Side, looks as if VR is about to rear its beautiful golden head shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

No Venus or Jupiter or anything much visible this morning.

Dawn's rosy fingers exploring the early morning wood.

But, as ever looking on the Bright Side, looks as if VR is about to rear its beautiful golden head shortly.
            FTFY

Comment

Morning all flying home tonight
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This morning's entertainment, such as it is, has involved redirecting student & invigilator from the room on their emails to the room that the exam is in.

<hiatus during which the boredom level peaked>

Stone me, it's looking mucky out there this morning.

Glad I'm not the poor sods putting up the railings around the dock.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2019, 10:37.

Comment

Morning denizens

Could and chilly out; 2°C

And a chance of snow this evening

Comment

And so it came to pass

Well, I did the four recycling bins nearest our back yard gate; there are four more further up also bursting with black bin liners, but we'll wait and see if anybody up that end of the terrace manages to work it out

I just ripped open a couple of bin liners for each, as the loose contents adequately conceal any that are further down
                    It seems to have worked, and we now have an empty recycling bin

Even some of the ones further up have been emptied, with the black bin liners apparently having been transferred to a couple of them which are now piled high. Somebody else will hopefully deal with those at some point

Comment

It seems to have worked, and we now have an empty recycling bin

Even some of the ones further up have been emptied, with the black bin liners apparently having been transferred to a couple of them which are now piled high. Somebody else will hopefully deal with those at some point
                      'Tis better to live in hope than die in despair.

I keep hoping that the next door neighbours will take some of their crap down the dump themselves.

It ain't happened but twice (last Easter IIRC) so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X