• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight on Talking Pictures TV at 21:30 CORRECTION: 21:00 you can watch Royal Flash (1975). The opening scene is of Flashman speaking to the assembled pupils of Rugby School. But it was actually filmed at my school, and I'm one of the extras

Flashman is played by Malcolm McDowell, and Michael Hordern is the headmaster. And the Great Hall in which filming took place was destroyed by fire about five years later, so this is a rare opportunity to see what it used to be like.

The rest of the film is a bit rubbish as I recall (I haven't watched it in many years) so you can switch over once the speech day scene is finished
    Last edited by NickFitz; 18 January 2019, 17:00.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tonight on Talking Pictures TV at 21:30 you can watch Royal Flash (1975). The opening scene is of Flashman speaking to the assembled pupils of Rugby School. But it was actually filmed at my school, and I'm one of the extras

Flashman is played by Malcolm McDowell, and Michael Hordern is the headmaster. And the Great Hall in which filming took place was destroyed by fire about five years later, so this is a rare opportunity to see what it used to be like.

The rest of the film is a bit rubbish as I recall (I haven't watched it in many years) so you can switch over once the speech day scene is finished
      We'll keep an eye out for the chimp.

Any chimpian comments on:

John Regehr on Twitter: "reminder that Michael Barr's analysis of the Toyota firmware re. unintended acceleration is a tour de force
      https://t.co/ud5q05vfyi"

If Simulink is used & generates code with 10,000+ globals it's not doing much of a job really.

This is relevant to us both considering the cars we drive.

Loved the "I want a throttle cable" comment at the end.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2019, 14:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping done

And as the shops are by the motorway junction, I took the opportunity to have a quick blast down the M69, just to the nearest junction and back, to see how the Corolla felt at speed after its recent work. Much improved is the answer, in that it no longer feels like its trying to shake its wheels off when going over 60mph

Comment

Weird stuff you find:

Searching (for no readily apparent reason) for a company I bought stuff off in 1988: "Computer Appreciation" in Canterbury brought up

Sean Sollé

TDV was the H2G2 thing that the Beeb eventually took over & that guy went on to other things.

He's even in IMDB for The IT Guys & the film version of H2G2 that was so dire.

solle.net - Sean D. Sollé

Sean Solle - IMDb

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            We'll keep an eye out for the chimp.
            I'm no more than a speck in the distance, sadly. The boarders, being located near by, got on set early before day boys like me and got the seats near the front

Any chimpian comments on:

John Regehr on Twitter: "reminder that Michael Barr's analysis of the Toyota firmware re. unintended acceleration is a tour de force
            https://t.co/ud5q05vfyi"

If Simulink is used & generates code with 10,000+ globals it's not doing much of a job really.

This is relevant to us both considering the cars we drive.

Loved the "I want a throttle cable" comment at the end.
            Not exactly reassuring is it?

I hope my 2001 model isn't quite as dependent on crap software, though it probably is and the software is even crappier because its older

Comment

Glasgow Airport Lounge.

Drinking...

Water.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Correction:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Talking Pictures TV at 21:30 CORRECTION: 21:00

And afterwards at 23:05, they've got the original Bedazzled (1967) with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore

I've got that on DVD

Comment

This evening's forecast of snow has been upgraded to 90% probability between 22:00 and midnight

And then rain immediately after, which presumably will wash it all away

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Glasgow Airport Lounge.

Drinking...

Water.
                    Och, you'll have had your tea.

Comment

I think I'll give that lot a miss, a bit too intellectual for my mundane tastes.
                      Yes, one can only take so much of that kind of thing. I'm definitely in need of something with missiles and explosions, or at least a few gunfights, after that

Comment

Working...
                      X