• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Still here, still invoicing. New Lead Architect came just before Christmas. I challenged him yesterday on why he's not done any of the work he's agreed to in front of the client. Nothing difficult, just searching for updated specs and service info and giving them to me to interpret.

His response seems to have been to start looking really really busy by sending out a furious amount of emails reassigning everyone to different work (whilst still delivering nothing himself). I've quite happily told him I'm not playing that game - the PM has backed me up and has had to go around the other contractors modifying the hastily-written instructions.

Just asked him again for his data. No response yet... I think the clock might be ticking on this guy.

Comment

Late lunch, or possibly early tea, of a sausage bap: Cumberland, wholemeal, red sauce

Comment

And the washing machine has been activated.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Late lunch, or possibly early tea, of a sausage bap: Cumberland, wholemeal, red sauce
          Enjoyable, I trust...

Comment

X5 home this evening.

Tea/dinner was lentil <pffffft> soup which was rather nice.

I must be getting used to the lack of NaCl.

This evening's first epic is last week's eps of "The Good Place", assuming they recorded.

This evening's 2nd epic is "The Name of the Rose", that pretentious film made from an even more pretentious book.

Only saved by the presence of Mr Connery.

The Name of the Rose (1986) - IMDb

Still too fecking long & too fecking pretentious.

No wonder it's taken me 8 years to get around to watching it.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2019, 21:15.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just remembered I need Visio reinstalling on the laptop. Let's see how long a low sev ticket like that takes!

Until then - network diagrams in Paint!

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Enjoyable, I trust...
                Very, thanks

Comment

Made some progress on Operation Use Up That Stuff In The Freezer today: the luncheon sausages (and indeed the bap), and this evening, the last of the beef and Guinness casserole, together with the last of the croquettes, and some petits pois

The croquettes had lingered at the back of the freezer for a while because I've gone off them rather; they were nice enough, but I don't think they'll be restocked any time soon. IIRC I only got into them because they were convenient when I'd been driving to Cambridgeshire and back (or maybe it was when I was working up in Nottingham).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    This evening's 2nd epic is "The Name of the Rose", that pretentious film made from an even more pretentious book.

Only saved by the presence of Mr Connery.

The Name of the Rose (1986) - IMDb

Still too fecking long & too fecking pretentious.

No wonder it's taken me 8 years to get around to watching it.
                    I remember when it was first on telly: Boxing Day 1989, so I was at my parents' place for Christmas, unable to escape, and my brother insisted on watching it

I've occasionally been tempted to give it a second chance, but maybe I won't bother

Comment

Another TV night tonight, starting with the end of the Waco thing during dinner.

After that, at iPlayer's behest, I watched the Adrian Chiles thing about boozing. Interesting to note that his liver function blood tests came back fine, but a scan revealed developing fibrosis in his liver

Next up was the second half of S1E1 of Smack The Pony; I'd watched the first half ages ago, but figured I should get back up to speed as they are apparently planning to revive it with the original cast. I always thought it was pretty good

And finally, S1E4 of Trapped, in which living in a small Icelandic town is starting to look like an even worse proposition that it did before

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X