• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Grey, blustery, relatively mild.
    WDBS

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      And this from the chap who's baked a cake.
      I might make another one soon. Coffee and walnut sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all
        Yesterday evening, the client PM requested that since there were so many things on, it would be good if we could be in for 8am today. IT PM says “no problem”, and then once everyone says they can make it, IT PM says “but of course I won’t be there because I can’t get in that early”
        One of the biggest failings in this project is the IT PM, who has never had a plan, only a go live date, with no acceptance of what is required to get there, and no idea of his own.
        IT PM's are rubbish!

Morning all

Wet n cloudy and quite a bit windy too.

Comment

Gone a bit Simpsonesque out, and there's clear evidence of sunshine

Comment

Pâté on toast (wholemeal) for lunch

It may look sunny out, but there's a right chilly breeze out there too

Comment

For future reference: ☂︎☔︎☃︎♘♉︎☭♳☣︎?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                For future reference: ☂︎☔︎☃︎♘♉︎☭♳☣︎������
                ♈︎♉︎♊︎♋︎♌︎♍︎♑︎♒︎♓︎¿?
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

♈︎♉︎♊︎♋︎♌︎♍︎♑︎♒︎♓︎¿?
                  Most odd, all displayed ok until I replied. Now the last few don't.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Most odd, all displayed ok until I replied. Now the last few don't.
                    Known bugs. Some emoji won't display properly because they're made of multiple emoji joined together with Zero Width Joiner; for example, Information Desk Woman is actually Information Desk Person|ZWJ|Female Sign. But PHP can't cope with ZWJ-combined emoji, so it'd show here as two separate emoji separated by an asterisk: ?*♀️

And then there's the JavaScript for the WYSIWYG editor, which completely messes up various kinds of Unicode, not just emoji, when it tries to convert the text that came from the server (which is OK pace the PHP complex emoji bug) into text in the editor

Comment

X5 home.

Very very jerky as if the throttle (which, being diesel it hasn't got) had two positions, Shut and Wide Open.

It made for an interesting half an hour.

Tea/dinner was lentil <pffffft> soup as is only right & proper on a Thursday.

I made this batch back in November. .

It had matured quite nicely.

This evening's epic is to be "Rio Grande" starring Duke Wayne, and being the 3rd of the three John Ford Cavalry films.

Rio Grande (1950) - IMDb

It also stars the rather more recently late Maureen O'Hara at a toothsome stage of her existence.

There's a lot of singing, which is never terribly good in a Western.

Never forget "Singing Sandy".

Not, I think, as good as the first two, it would have been better without the singing.

Curious.

The test thingie was showing correctly until now, whereupon it went completely & utterly tits up.

Maybe it's because I logged in again.

Or something.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2019, 22:12.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X