• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Morning all

White clouds here. Haven't ventured out to see how chilly or not it is.

How are the FitzParents doing Nick? (Apologies if I missed the updates - have been otherly distracted)
      They're both out of hospital, but my Mum hasn't been fully recovered from the chest infection for which she was hospitalised, which has left her struggling a bit. Meanwhile, my Dad, having been hospitalised first with the same chest infection but also having the broken hip, has been badgering her to do stuff that he can't do, apparently not realising how much she's also struggling, which has been stressing her out

She's recovering now though, and my sister has been trying to get it through his head that he's got to back off while she recovers properly. Just been on the phone to her, and she sounds a bit better

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        They're both out of hospital, but my Mum hasn't been fully recovered from the chest infection for which she was hospitalised, which has left her struggling a bit. Meanwhile, my Dad, having been hospitalised first with the same chest infection but also having the broken hip, has been badgering her to do stuff that he can't do, apparently not realising how much she's also struggling, which has been stressing her out

She's recovering now though, and my sister has been trying to get it through his head that he's got to back off while she recovers properly. Just been on the phone to her, and she sounds a bit better
        Might be worth looking into temporary home help. Hope they're both up and running on all cylinders soon.

Edit - or definitely the modern equivalent of 'meals on wheels' such as Wiltshire farm foods - freezer to microwave, hassle free.

Comment

Memories of Christmas past with today's late lunch: turkey soup, with a couple of bits of wholemeal bread

Comment

Might be worth looking into temporary home help. Hope they're both up and running on all cylinders soon.

Edit - or definitely the modern equivalent of 'meals on wheels' such as Wiltshire farm foods - freezer to microwave, hassle free.
            They've got "helpers" from Social Services coming in morning and evening, mainly to help my Dad. From what she says, cooking, even if it's only reheating M&S ready meals, is one thing my Mum isn't having any trouble with. They've always got an extremely well-stocked freezer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just dug the Apple TV 4 (as opposed to the 4K) out of its box so I can hook it up to my Mac and learn how to make an Apple TV app. I'm waiting for it finish a software update. It's hooked up to my widescreen monitor, which is able to split itself in two so the right half is showing the Apple TV HDMI input and the left, the iMac Lightning input

Comment

This evening's trip home was via the X5 with the would be rally driver in the driver's seat.

I'm not given to being nervous, but it was inneresting and not in a good way.

The evening's epicurean feast was more of yesterday's roast beef.

It was ok.

Tonight's entertainment was provided by a flipper dvd (you don't see those any more) of "Practical Magic (1998)" with Sandra Bullock and Nichole Kidman.

Practical Magic (1998) - IMDb

I enjoyed it for the bit of fluff it was.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2019, 21:29.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    epicurean
                    An excellent countdown word

Comment

An excellent countdown word
                      And one that reminds me of the late and much missed TheCoconutDog, who, on his IPSE CC profile described himself as an epicurean adventurer.
                      Last edited by mudskipper; 11 February 2019, 21:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X