• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Not to mention essential maintenance being cancelled because a certain President wanted "an armada, very powerful" to back up his bluster
    Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that cretin.

Must have been wishful thinking.

<paging LHO, paging LHO, are you there? One knock for yes, two knocks for no>

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    As part of the health drive, today's lunch is spinach, kale and garlic soup.

It's going to be windy later on...
    It's already windy here. <- put that light out!
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had quite a long phone chat with an Apple Service Representative, concerning the way my Apple TV's Movies app has started displaying several items bought in August 2017 under "Recent Purchases", and not items bought more recently, such as last week

I was able to point out that my older Apple TV, taken out of retirement yesterday for development purposes and factory reset then updated in the process, showed exactly the same, so we agreed it couldn't be something at my end. So he's sending it along to The Engineers.

I must say I was impressed with how thorough he was, gathering all kinds of information from me and even getting me to take a photo of the screen and send it to him; and, more importantly, not insisting on ploughing through vast swathes of The Script that were clearly irrelevant. He didn't even make me turn anything off and on again, taking my word for it that I'd tried all that

And then a walk up to the chemist's to collect the prescription I forgot to get last Friday

Ready for my late lunch now

Comment

Ready for my late lunch now
        Sausages, it turns out. Very nice

Comment

Sausages, it turns out. Very nice
          Good.

X5 home again, home again, jiggity jig.

M&S breaded haddock (slightly overcooked) for tea/dinner.

Now feeling a) quite stuffed and b) pissed due to the quantity of port I've just imbibed.

It was all epicurean in its epicureanness.

Off for a shower while I can still stand upright.

<hiatus>

This evening's epic was "Fury(2014)" with Brad Pitt et al, in a tank in the Fatherland in April 1945.

It was very intense.

And enjoyable in a strange sort of way, especially since I've never had the need to do that sort of tulip myself.

Fury (2014) - IMDb
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 February 2019, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that cretin.

Must have been wishful thinking.

<paging LHO, paging LHO, are you there? One knock for yes, two knocks for no>

It's already windy here. <- put that light out!
            Knock, Knock

Comment

epiwotsit haddock, chips and peas, courtesy of the usual captain and favourite aunt for dinner.

wiv HP sauce
              annanice Rioja

Comment

Tonight's tea has been ribeye steak and chips, and exceedingly nice it was

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                This evening's epic was "Fury(2014)" with Brad Pitt et al, in a tank in the Fatherland in April 1945.

It was very intense.

And enjoyable in a strange sort of way, especially since I've never had the need to do that sort of tulip myself.

Fury (2014) - IMDb
                I enjoyed that one

Been about eighteen months since I watched it, so I might watch it again at some point

Comment

Not much time for telly tonight, what with a late dinner due to spending too long mucking about attempting to program stuff with the Apple TV. So it was just an episode of Seinfeld, followed by a bit more of The West Wing.

Goodnight all

Comment

Woken by the "alarm" which is rather unusual.

Lovely red sky as I travelled in with the hoi polloi on the bus, changing to a glorious golden glow over Margam.

It doesn't happen often so it must be appreciated when it does.

Gone now as the murk over powers it.

Dry.

Not cold not warm.

Comment

Morning all

S'murky out.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X