• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's tea has been pork loin steaks from Morrisons' butcher's counter, with potato wedges roasted in duck fat, petits pois, and gravy; and it was all very nice

Comment

This evening's entertainment was provided by "Endeavour" which has reached 1969 and the Apollo moon landings, which, as we all know, really happened in a film studio in Nevada.

Good to see Gerry & Sylvia Anderson lookalikes.

The puppets looked really real with proper 1969 type string.

I almost expected to see Straker.

And Ladies with Purple Hair.

On which mildly erotic note, it's TFBSZ, since another week of tedium begins at 06:00 tomorrow, gawdelpme.

It's so nice to enjoy one's work.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

prawn sandwiches at MIL's + wine.

not a terrible evening
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's main feature was Spoorloos (1988), aka The Vanishing - the original Dutch/French version, obviously, not the Hollywood remake, which I've never seen but which I gather was given a happy ending because Hollywood executives suck. The original does not have a happy ending; very, very far from it. And it's an excellent film because of it.

And then a bit more of The West Wing. Only twenty more to go…

Goodnight all

Comment

Fecking marvelous night's sleep, not.

Woke at about 02:45 & couldn't go back to sleep, not even counting rounds into the ex Dissector of Human Remains of yore.

Which was disappointing.

So I got up & read my book.

How much actually went in, I'm not sure, but I did manage a doze from about 05:30 til knocking on for 06:00.

'Tis noticeable that Humphries seems to be getting worse at a) figuring out which day it is and b) telling the time.

It's grey here & it rained on the way in.

Bit chillier than it has been.

No golden light filling the lab today.

And the boxes are busily howling their fans off, being upset about having been switched off by the squad of Esteemed Customers on an energy saving mission over the weekend.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight's main feature was Spoorloos (1988), aka The Vanishing - the original Dutch/French version, obviously, not the Hollywood remake, which I've never seen but which I gather was given a happy ending because Hollywood executives suck. The original does not have a happy ending; very, very far from it. And it's an excellent film because of it.

And then a bit more of The West Wing. Only twenty more to go…

Goodnight all
            The Septic version has Jeff Bridges, Kiefer Sutherland, and Sandra Bullock.

I may look out for it.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 February 2019, 08:09.

Comment

Morning all murky out - can't see the bottom of the garden
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Yes, a great film.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                The Septic version has Jeff Bridges, Kiefer Sutherland, and Sandra Bullock.

I may look out for it.
                The septic version is so sanitised and Disneyed up, it's really annoying that a great film had to be ruined to appeal to people who need to leave the cinema feeling good.
                Nick, let's just say the US version has about 15 minutes stuck on after the end of the original.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh, good.

It turns out that the medical check on Wednesday is for the audiology check that I enquired about back on the 30th Jan.

You couldn't make this tulip up, you really couldn't.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 February 2019, 09:22.

Comment

Forgot to say "Good morning" because I was busy sorting out the links

So: Afternoon denizens

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      The septic version is so sanitised and Disneyed up, it's really annoying that a great film had to be ruined to appeal to people who need to leave the cinema feeling good.
                      Nick, let's just say the US version has about 15 minutes stuck on after the end of the original.
                      "And they all lived happily ever after." No they didn't

Comment

Working...
                      X