• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got me Karaoke group tonight. Might do Heartbreak Hotel. Why do Elvis Presley impersonators always do him when he was old and fat?

PS At least I'm not fat.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Roast pork from the other day in a wholemeal bap for lunch

And a couple more sandwiches' worth into the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Why do Elvis Presley impersonators always do him when he was old and fat?.
        Possibly related to the age/size of the impersonator.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          No golden light filling the lab today.
          Sun's out.

Though all the blinds are down due to the predilection of the erstwhile miners to live in the fecking dark.

Still no news on the VR.

Ho very hum.

It'll come through at 17:00 tomorrow.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sun's out.

Though all the blinds are down due to the predilection of the erstwhile miners to live in the fecking dark.
            It rained here earlier, but the sun's putting in a late appearance now

Comment

Bumped into the chap in the flat under mine in the hall. He has a problem with his Internet connection, so he asked if he could have the password to my wifi. No he can't, is the answer

However, I can set up a guest account with its own password on the Airport thingy, so I've done that for him, hopefully just for a day or two until his gets fixed. He'll still be going over my Virgin Media broadband connection, so I'm hoping he doesn't do anything dodgy with it; but I don't expect he will, and at least I can prove that it wasn't done over the same wireless connection I use if he does. Also, he can't connect to any of my shared devices as none of them know that network.

Remember the good old days when the most you got asked for was a cup of sugar?

Comment

The shawarma shop over the road is closed, with a notice on the shutter saying it will remain so for a couple of weeks. Hope they're not going bust already

Comment

If so it didn't take very long.

X55 on the way home this evening since the X5 never turned up.

Tea/dinner was some more of yesterday's roast turkey legs.

It was pretty average, but made a change.

This evening's epic is "The Sons of Katie Elder(1965)" with Duke Wayne, Dean Martin, Earl Holliman (who?) and Dennis Hopper as a book keeper son to some cattle baron chap, plus George Kennedy as a hired gun.

The Sons of Katie Elder (1965) - IMDb

Which was ok in its way.

Unusually Dean Martin wasn't playing a drunk.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 February 2019, 22:05.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

If so it didn't take very long.
                    Indeed. It doesn't seem to get very busy over there, though maybe I'm looking out of the window at the wrong time.

Comment

Ribs & chips for tea

Comment

Working...
                      X