• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ.

Or it will be after I've read a chapter from my book.

Managed to remember to buy some daffs from Morrisons & empty a jam jar (Morrisons Blackcurrant) so I could put them on Strangelove Parents' grave since it was Strangelove Mater's birthday on the 14th.

Only a bit late, like.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The target audience I ain't, but the films are there so tonight's extravaganza was Furious Seven (2015) aka Fast & Furious 7. Lots of cars again, but they're also going for stunts that would seem improbable in a Mission: Impossible film (though always involving cars) and also seem to be even more lackadaisical about various gaps in the plot. Still, it made for quite entertaining stuff in an over-the-top way

There was a kind of tribute to Paul Walker tacked on the end too, as he died between production and release, which was quite tastefully done really.

EDIT: ah, apparently he died halfway through filming, leading to lots of body doubles, CGI trickery with outtakes from earlier films, and so on.

And a bit more of The West Wing, which was at least still on the campaign trail rather than that ridiculous story about the ISS that ruins the White House episodes in this final season.

Goodnight all
      Last edited by NickFitz; 19 February 2019, 02:23.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The target audience I ain't, but the films are there so tonight's extravaganza was Furious Seven (2015) aka Fast & Furious 7. Lots of cars again, but they're also going for stunts that would seem improbable in a Mission: Impossible film (though always involving cars) and also seem to be even more lackadaisical about various gaps in the plot. Still, it made for quite entertaining stuff in an over-the-top way

There was a kind of tribute to Paul Walker tacked on the end too, as he died between production and release, which was quite tastefully done really.

EDIT: ah, apparently he died halfway through filming, leading to lots of body doubles, CGI trickery with outtakes from earlier films, and so on.

And a bit more of The West Wing, which was at least still on the campaign trail rather than that ridiculous story about the ISS that ruins the White House episodes in this final season.

Goodnight all
        F&F 7, a film so good I bought it twice.

Mostly because our Jason was in it as a baddie.

As one might note, I woke up at about 03:15 again, which is a slight improvement on yesterday.

It's Very Quiet out there at the moment.

I suppose I could go out & look at the stars but I can't be arsed.

<hiatus during which I nearly fell asleep on the bus>

No point in looking at the stars since it was 10/10ths cloud & rainy.

But the thought was there, like.

The reviews of "The Sons of Katie Elder" weren't particularly glowing.

What did happen to that herd of horses?

We'll never know.

Apparently The Duke had had a lung & two ribs removed shortly before making this epic which might explain a lot.

Falling in the river gave him pneumonia in his remaining lung.

And he relied heavily on bottled O2 since Durango is 6000 feet up in Mexico.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2019, 08:02.

Comment

Been a while.

Bit of sun and cloud in Manchester.

It was definitely lighter in the car park at 7am so the days are indeed getting longer.

Soon by summer.

Comment

Morning all

While The Toy is in being serviced, I was given a Jeep Cherokee Limited as a replacement. A sobering reminder of what most SUVs handle like.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit overcast out there, but not really in a gloomy way

And a tad cooler than it has been, at 9°C.

Comment

Latest news from Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde: main drains are fecked, Cafe closed, unpleasant looking water over the floor.

Not bad for a mere 6 months of occupation.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Latest news from Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde: main drains are fecked, Cafe closed, unpleasant looking water over the floor.

Not bad for a mere 6 months of occupation.
                  British craftsmanship at its finest

Comment

Just had the service video through for The Toy, all looking good so far.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One is pleased to announce the receipt of the confirmation of Voluntary Redundancy.

Comment

Working...
                      X