• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A large batch of chips is in the freezer a-freezing, and I've changed the bedclothes. Minor achievements, perhaps, but they'll do for me
    Did mine the Saturday Sunday before last.

Almost time to do them again.

Tea/dinner was yet more of the turkey legs from Sunday.

It's definitely verging on giving the rest to the cat.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Did mine the Saturday Sunday before last.

Almost time to do them again.

Tea/dinner was yet more of the turkey legs from Sunday.

It's definitely verging on giving the rest to the cat.
      I might get some turkey legs some time given the amount of meat you seem to have got from them, but not yet - I've still got three or four large bowlfuls of my Mum's turkey soup in the freezer from Christmas

Comment

I may watch "Chisum" this evening, being Yet Another Duke Wayne epic.
        Which turned out to be "The Sweeney (2012)" with Ray Winstone and Damian Lewis.

The Sweeney (2012) - IMDb

It's not very good.

And the audio is appalling.

Subtitles might come in handy like.

John Thaw must have been spinning in his grave.

I find it unlikely that The Sweeney are big users of Apple stuff.

<hiatus>

Well I didn't enjoy that much.

There were no likable characters at all.

Stone me, I feel old.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 February 2019, 22:24.

Comment

Which turned out to be "The Sweeney (2012)" with Ray Winstone and Damian Lewis.

The Sweeney (2012) - IMDb

It's not very good.

And the audio is appalling.

Subtitles might come in handy like.

John Thaw must have been spinning in his grave.

I find it unlikely that The Sweeney are big users of Apple stuff.
          i doubt the 'flying squad' still exists in that form.

in other news, pork chop <thick, sainsbuys> chips and beans for this evening's repast.

and very nice too, so it was

Comment

Tonight's dinner has been M&S chunky battered cod, with chips and beans; exceedingly nice

And earlier I finished the book I've been reading, John Brooks' Once in Golconda: A True Drama of Wall Street 1920-1938. Interesting stuff, which ends with Richard Whitney, erstwhile Chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, getting five to ten in Sing Sing for embezzlement

So now I have to decide both what to read next and what to watch next. One thing after another

Comment

For tonight's film I figured I might as well mop up a loose end, so it was The Fate of the Furious (2017), aka Fast & Furious 8 - the Extended Director's Cut, no less.

They've finally gone full Mission: Impossible with this one, and it's actually pretty good, if rather car-centric as always. In particular, Jason Statham gets some funny moments amidst all the mayhem, including an uncredited cameo by Helen Mirren playing his mother like something out of one of the dodgier families in EastEnders. I was also quite amused when he called Dwayne Johnson a complete with hand gesture; not sure if that's just in the extended cut or if Americans don't find it as offensive. But maybe I'm getting old and you can do that and still get a PG-12 rating nowadays

And a bit more of The West Wing. That whole leak story was a blight on the final season

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Currently overcast, and I was hoping earlier that it would burn off, but it looks set in.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

: The badness of the back has returned as it's been threatening to do for the last week or so :

Currently just lumbago, but I'm sure it could disable me more if it just put its mind to it.

Does make I twitch a bit now & again.

I think it's time for the ibuprofen again to reduce the inflammation a bit, like.

Grey grey grey here.

Very high tide.

Dunno if the drains have backed up yet.

The ongoing building of a rock bund is ongoing, with a big hammery thing hammering the tulipe out of assorted rocks.

Observed some surfer dude lunies jumping off the breakwater into the sea.

Comment

Morning denizens

Been grey out, but the sun's starting to break through now

Comment

morgen

clear blue in sunny sarf herts, after a hazy start.

Comment

Working...
                      X