• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just resurrected an ancient P90 by doing that thing where I dismantle the totally fecked clock chip with a lithium cell in it & solder two AAA cells in series to replace it so the fecker will boot up again.

Couldn't find anything of any consequence on it so that's off to the tip.

The slightly less ancient Viglen that I thought had some stuff on it, doesn't as far as I can tell.

The third one is a Celeron 600 running XP and there's nothing on that either.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Just resurrected an ancient P90 by doing that thing where I dismantle the totally fecked clock chip with a lithium cell in it & solder two AAA cells in series to replace it so the fecker will boot up again.

Couldn't find anything of any consequence on it so that's off to the tip.

The slightly less ancient Viglen that I thought had some stuff on it, doesn't as far as I can tell.

The third one is a Celeron 600 running XP and there's nothing on that either.
      Is this the "scorched earth" approach to deleting the browser cache before you leave: ensure that all objects that might possibly contain a browsing history are removed from the premises and physically destroyed?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Is this the "scorched earth" approach to deleting the browser cache before you leave: ensure that all objects that might possibly contain a browsing history are removed from the premises and physically destroyed?
        I suspect it will look more like this :

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nah, there's no point in that, the logs are kept else where, like.

The hits on this site must be astronomical over the last 9 months.

I don't suppose anyone here visited CUK much before that though.

It's more a case of "I remember developing that s/w, now which box did I use & do we still have it & does it still work?" sort of thing.

I've just been going through lists of stuff in various rooms from 3 moves ago crossing out the vast amount of stuff that's been scrapped.

Every now & again someone comes along & asks "Do you still have the..." to which the answer is generally, to be specific, "No, I threw that away 11 years/5 years/4 years/a year ago".

It does lead to some disappointment.

Oooooo, just had the carpet manufacturer's rep come around about the static shock problem.

Now who, in their right mind, puts a carpet in a lab in the first place?
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 February 2019, 14:31.

Comment

Suppose I'd better go shopping

Comment

Suppose I'd better go home shortly.

Lovely afternoon out there.

Comment

Suppose I'd better go shopping
                And so it came to pass. There's some right drongos on the road this afternoon

Comment

58 home. It wasn't orange unlike yesterday's X5.

Tea/dinner this evening comprised more M&S breaded haddock which was pleasantly not cooked to death.

I suspect I may watch "The Warriors(1979)" this evening seeing as it gives me a chance of making space by getting rid of the duplicate tomorrow.

The shirts are in the WM.

And my hayfever is getting worse thanks to all the fecking trees pollinating left right & centre.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    58 home. It wasn't orange unlike yesterday's X5.

Tea/dinner this evening comprised more M&S breaded haddock which was pleasantly not cooked to death.

I suspect I may watch "The Warriors(1979)" this evening seeing as it gives me a chance of making space by getting rid of the duplicate tomorrow.

The shirts are in the WM.

And my hayfever is getting worse thanks to all the fecking trees pollinating left right & centre.
                    i DO envy you your halcyon existence.
                    fish finger sarnie for whatever, due to a rather liquid afternoon discussing tunes for an upcoming gig <proper gig, not contract. - you lot nicked it from us/me/we/whatever>

Comment

This evening's film was The Warriors (1979), in which a street gang from Coney Island tries to make their way home from northern New York City as every other gang on their route tries to capture them. A classic (particularly as it's based, via the novel of the same title, on the Anabasis of Xenophon) and well worth a watch IMHO
                      I remember it being better.

How 40 years have changed things.

Just discovered girls can't shoot straight.

A bit like the Sweeney then.

<hiatus>

So that's the Ultimate Director's Cut done & dusted.

Aside from the additional cartoons it looks exactly like the original version, which is off to the charity shop tomorrow.

In other news, I finished off the remainder of the turkey legs this evening.

I'm about to grow feathers & squawk.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 February 2019, 22:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X