• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm finally starting to see real progress on the using-up of the contents of the freezer; if I avoid buying any meat this week, I should be able to use up most of what's in there, after which I can start planning to fill it up again with fresh stuff
    This didn't quite work out, as M&S had a nice-looking ribeye steak reduced to clear, and I had a 20% off a steak promotion on my Sparks card; so tea tonight has been ribeye steak and chips, and very nice it was

Comment

This didn't quite work out, as M&S had a nice-looking ribeye steak reduced to clear, and I had a 20% off a steak promotion on my Sparks card; so tea tonight has been ribeye steak and chips, and very nice it was
      ahhh, how the elite live, eh DrSL?

still, i suppose someone's got ter do it

Comment

cod & chips ala Miss V1

chocolate Brussel sprouts via miss V3 and Mrs V.

Keffir yoghurt via the reduced aisle at Sainsburys.

Cider from Magners.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This evening's film was Proud Mary (2018), starring Taraji P. Henson (of Hidden Figures fame) as a hitwoman for a Boston crime family. She kills a bloke who turns out to have a young son in the next room and, feeling guilty for orphaning him, keeps an eye on him and ends up rescuing him from the clutches of a rival crime family a year later. Unfortunately she sparks a war between the two families in doing so, and things degenerate into mayhem, as happens so often in films about crime families. I thought it was good, with her attempts to develop a relationship with the rather feral kid balanced nicely against the gangland violence. Worth a look, should it come your way.

And some more of The West Wing ploughed through. Not long now…

Goodnight all

Comment

This evening's film was Proud Mary (2018), starring Taraji P. Henson (of Hidden Figures fame) as a hitwoman for a Boston crime family.
            So not so much in the way of calculus and orbital calculations then?

Sunny.

Bright.

Warmish.

Cottons in the WM.

'Tis Saturday all over again again.

Just remembered another of those films from the late 70s, "The Wanderers", which I watched some 30 or so years ago on the recommendation of a colleague and hated every minute of.

That's wot makes horse races.

I may have to watch the original "The Warriors" just to see if it's in any way betterer than the Ultimate Directors Cut.

Wot I should have done is play them both at the same time.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            i DO envy you your halcyon existence.
            It's the drugs, mate.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2019, 09:41.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning peeps

misty start, now just dull in sleepy sarf herts

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out again

Not as warm as it could be yet at 10°C, but it's supposed to warm up a bit this afternoon

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out again

Not as warm as it could be yet at 10°C, but it's supposed to warm up a bit this afternoon
                  It's warm enough here. :sweat:

This week's lapse of memory is the pillow slip wot I forgot to put in the wash.***

There's always sommat.
                  Lunch has been taken, being a tin of Heinz(tm) tomato soup bequeathed to me by Strangelove Mater, BBE 10/2014.

It was nice enough with Morrisons thick cut seeded bread.

This morning's shopping trip yielded another 10" of dvds and got rid of an inch or so.

I was pondering for a while, as I waited for the assistant to punch 0.99 x 2 into the till in the RSPCA shop, quite how thick you had to be not to be able to do that in your head.

It took 4 attempts before we managed to achieve success.

The manageress was not impressed as she has to write on every voided receipt describing wtf went wrong.

Previously I've just paid the random amounts she comes out with as long as they're reasonable.

A nice enough lady, but as dim as a Toc H lamp as Blaster Bates was wont to say.

<hiatus>

*** It was in the washing machine and I hadn't seen it coz it was stuck to the drum at the top.

Clouding over now.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2019, 13:37.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Couple of croissants with strawberry jam for me

Comment

Toasted seedy bap with bacon and brie here

Comment

Working...
                      X