• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the foot ball people are doing their thing at teatime today. Weird; I though it was always about half three on a Saturday

Anyway, that explains why the traffic isn't any worse than usual out there yet.

Comment

So, in a no doubt vain attempt to stop the tulipter from tulipting outside the living room window, one has walked down to Wilkinsons & bought Cat Repeillent, Wilkies Cat Repellent, Cat Repellent crystals, and Jeyes' Fluid.

Wot doesn't cure will kill, especially the Jeyes' Fluid apparently.

The patch where the miscreant tulips has been thoroughly dosed with some ancient (and probably even more toxic than the current stuff) Jeyes' Fluid.

One awaits results with interest.

If that doesn't work, then it's a 40kHz ultrasonic beeper and if that doesn't work it'll be a water spray.

Since I'm retiring shortly it'll be a bit of a challenge, something to keep the heart beating.

And if all that doesn't work, then it's Cobalt Thorium G time, all over again.

Just had a thought, the PIR sensor in floodlight might be pressed into some sort of use, I'll be bound.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        So, in a no doubt vain attempt to stop the tulipter from tulipting outside the living room window, one has walked down to Wilkinsons & bought Cat Repeillent, Wilkies Cat Repellent, Cat Repellent crystals, and Jeyes' Fluid.

Wot doesn't cure will kill, especially the Jeyes' Fluid apparently.

The patch where the miscreant tulips has been thoroughly dosed with some ancient (and probably even more toxic than the current stuff) Jeyes' Fluid.

One awaits results with interest.

If that doesn't work, then it's a 40kHz ultrasonic beeper and if that doesn't work it'll be a water spray.

Since I'm retiring shortly it'll be a bit of a challenge, something to keep the heart beating.

And if all that doesn't work, then it's Cobalt Thorium G time, all over again.

Just had a thought, the PIR sensor in floodlight might be pressed into some sort of use, I'll be bound.
        You'll end up like me with the mice and the video cameras

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          You'll end up like me with the mice and the video cameras
          It had crossed my mind but FFing through 8 hours of video is more than I could cope with.

I haven't done that since the foxes were digging up Strangelove Pater's potato patch for no readily apparent reason.

I've realised that I may be growing tomatoes in the greenhouse this year since I'll have very little else to do.

This is, indeed, a frightening thought.

Slippered pantaloonness beckons. <- though that would cure it.

<hiatus>

Well that was a nice walk.

As is only appropriate in Neath, the thing that's on the town crest is, of course, falling down, namely The Ivy Tower.

There's about a third of the wall standing now, which probably means it'll be flat very shortly.

Ho hum.

The new houses in the farmer's field aren't exactly a great improvement.

The rather lovely larch forest I used to walk through has been clear felled because of disease, even more of a Ho hum.

It's clouded over more or less completely but it's still unseasonably warm out there.

Reports suggest that Y Saeson are ahead at the moment.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2019, 17:20.

Comment

Just ran the text of Three Men in a Boat through Amazon AWS's Recognition machine learning thing. It seems to do quite a good job of identifying place names in there, though it thinks Victoria Bridge is a person and Montmorency (the dog of whom we are to say nothing) is a place

As I recall, the older Python textual analysis library that didn't use machine learning managed to get those the right way round; I think a different Python one that uses some form of machine learning also got it right, though I'd need to check.

Maybe it'll turn out best to use all three and get them to check each other's work

Comment

Really pissed off now, termination date is 31st May not 31st March.

Comment

Did you misread the thing?

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Did you misread the thing?
                    Nah, the 31st March came from an email from human remains and the pension, the actual contract arrived today with the revised date, much to my joy.

This evening's first feature was "The Usual Suspects(1995)" with its twist ending that I spotted about 20 minutes in. Ho hum.

The Usual Suspects (1995) - IMDb

Current epic (mostly because there's 3 fecking copies of it) is "Derailed(2005)" with Cilve Owen and Jennifer Aniston.

Derailed (2005) - IMDb

I had to get drunk to make the first one go faster, feck nose what I'll have to do to get through this turgid crap.

Though it's a bit better than than other thing she was in "The Bounty Hunter (2010)" with Gerrard Butler.

The Bounty Hunter (2010) - IMDb

which was tedious beyond measure.

Oh, it just livened up a bit.

In the Chinese
                    Ours are on holiday.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2019, 21:19.

Comment

debilitating lower back pain should be ironclad for two months on the sick, immho

Comment

Working...
                      X