• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I like cake, and I reckon there's a chance home-made ones might be better than the ones from the shops
    So do I.

I just don't eat any, being fatter than I should be, and considering the way that everything edible gets eaten as fast as possible, it's wiser not to have any in the house.

<interstice>

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Misty.

Very windy. (Me too: lentil <pfffft> soup yesterday).

Sunless.

Baglan invisible.

Margam doubly so.

But, best of all possible bests, it's Friday.

And it would appear that my road is due to be closed so they can renew the gas main.

But no one knows when.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 March 2019, 08:53.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit grey out

And lo! by having typed that, I have caused the sun to come out

Off next door for blood drawing shortly; I think I'll get the shopping done after that.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        So do I.

I just don't eat any, being fatter than I should be, and considering the way that everything edible gets eaten as fast as possible, it's wiser not to have any in the house.
        Good point. I was quite dismayed at the number of calories in one slice of this thing, once I'd added up all the ingredients on the MyFitnessPal recipe thing: nearly 800 calories a go

But apparently it should freeze well, so I'm going to do that and limit myself to one slice a week or so

Comment

Blood drawn. The nurse reckoned it's fairly common for potassium tests to show weird results one time and be fine when repeated; a lot of it is down to handling, such as if the lab leaves them lying around for any length of time, which can throw things off. Anyway, I'll find out soon enough I suppose

Off to do the shopping once I've finished this coffee

Comment

morning

off out to look at a 1980's ludwig classic kit

Comment

Shopping done, and some Southern NotFried chicken bits obtained for lunch

quite a nice day out now, if still rather breezy

Comment

Still as tulipty as normal here.

The mist is as thick as the Esteemed Customers.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                morning

off out to look at a 1980's ludwig classic kit
                Not as Bored. Now. as Louis Wu then.

Good show.

Comment

Thrashing about trying to sort out database encoding problems

I wouldn't mind if the problem was that it doesn't work; it's that it works fine for me, but breaks whenever admin tries it. I've got every bit of configuration I can think of set up the same way, and it still works. Break, damn you, so I can work out how to fix you!

Comment

^ Shocking. can't get the apes these days. Quite quite shocking.

X8 home this evening jiggety jig.

It's still misty and raining.

Got the cutlery that loaned to the new neighbours.

It's been through a dishwasher so I'll have to wash it properly.

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S battered haddock.

I managed not to over cook it so it was rather nice.

Also having read about The Latest Superfood, I bought some mushrooms (Morrisons, reduced) & fried some of those to go with it.

I put the shirts in the WM, they should be finishing about now.

The Spot on the Strangelove Arse was doused with further generous quantities of all the antiseptics I have.

<interstice>

Now attempting to find something to watch.

The choice is so limited.

<interstice>

Which turned out to be "Minority Report (2002)" with that Tom Cruise chap.

Minority Report (2002) - IMDb

It was good.

From a Philip K. Dick short story.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 March 2019, 22:47.

Comment

Finally back in the 21st century. Delayed in Glasgow
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X