• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Vaguely looking at the piles of crap in here quietly wondering wtf I'm going to do with it all.

It's quite overwhelming really.

I suppose I could watch a film & stop worrying about it.
    I find that just ignoring the issue is almost as good as dealing with it

Comment

That's all well and good until the mice appear.

Though the multiplicity of traps seems to limit their numbers a bit.

Or would if said traps were put out.

The dehumidifier in the laundry room seems to discourage the slugs a lot.

It was slug city in there previously.

They even managed to get into the fridge.

Of course back in the 70s I was working with this stuff:

Golden Age TV Recreations

While at 3M it was

Total Rewind

And I took one of these to bits:

Went on a training course in Reading for a fortnight for one of these bad boys:

I was supposed to do a lot of work with this sort of thing configured to test half inch 700 and 777 computer tape, but I didn't like it much:

Tape Transport - Control Data, 3200 Computer System, Tape Transport Model 604, circa 1962

And the dept got one of these, not that I did anything with it:

PET – Vintage is the New Old, Retro Games News, Retro Gaming, Retro Computing
      "We" bought a GPIB to current loop converter for it so we could print out stuff on an ASR33 that someone got from somewhere.

Not that one ^, this one with the calculator keyboard:

Commodore PET - Wikipedia

Some EyeTea chappie found out we'd bought it and wanted to take it away as a pernicious nuisance that should never be allowed to catch on.

Currently watching the thing on PBS about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

We've currently reached October 27th 1963. <- wot we'd all have been doing if the faeces had really hit the aircon.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2019, 16:27.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Admin and I are currently collaborating on database shenanigans on an AWS EC2 instance I set up. If all goes according to plan, there may be a forum closure for a little while later on; no more than an hour, I wouldn't have thought

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Admin and I are currently collaborating on database shenanigans on an AWS EC2 instance I set up. If all goes according to plan, there may be a forum closure for a little while later on; no more than an hour, I wouldn't have thought
          Should be back soon, complete with fixed ☂︎, , and ☣︎

Comment

panic CUK was offline
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              panic CUK was offline
              We were fixing the database to make it safe for weird characters

?

Comment

Thanks for your help Nick, no way I would have been able to work out that mess myself ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  We were fixing the database to make it safe for weird characters

������
                  Goodness me.

Nice century with added cat.

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Thanks for your help Nick, no way I would have been able to work out that mess myself ������
                  Good to see the ape got his act together.

I was worried in case we had to find a different kind of monkey.

This evening's dining was what theoretically passed for kedgeree.

It didn't start out that way, but that's how it ended up.

Used up 5 of the eggs BBE 16AUG18 that have festered in the fridge for far too long.

This evening's entertainment is starting off with "Young Adult (2011)" with Charlize Theron, for which I don't hold out much hope for the kick assery of "Atomic Blonde" or "Mad Max 97".

Young Adult (2011) - IMDb

Er, wtf happened there?
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2019, 19:05.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    Thanks for your help Nick, no way I would have been able to work out that mess myself ?
                    Fun, wasn't it

Comment

Going to the pub tonight, so I'd better be getting down the Chinese a bit earlier than usual

Comment

Working...
                      X