• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pic in the Brighton Argos tonight:

Street bars could turn Kemp Town Carnival into a 'drunken, filthy orgy' | The Argus

Hang on, Kemp Town, that is a lady's isn't it?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      WDSS.

"They've" just been around putting up fire escape notices on every door.

I've been reading ancient copies of "Wireless World" from back when it was worth reading.

Can't understand half of it now.

Never heard of "immittance" before, and the "Denominator Output Immittance Theorem" even less.

Stone me, there were some bright people writing stuff back in the day.
      At some point I'm going to look through my 1980s and 1990s copies of Byte and Doctor Dobb's Journal, to see if I can now follow the articles I found completely incomprehensible back then

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Nice pic in the Brighton Argos tonight:

Street bars could turn Kemp Town Carnival into a 'drunken, filthy orgy' | The Argus

Hang on, Kemp Town, that is a lady's isn't it?
        You never know round there

There's a good chip shop on St. James's Street, though

Comment

Assorted jeans and shirts have been washed, creating the false impression of achievement

And towards the end of that process, the light in the kitchen went. It had been slightly flickery occasionally for a couple of weeks, but naturally it waited until after the hardware shop over the road was closed before going. Then it turned out that a lot of the bulbs I thought I had were actually defunct ones waiting to go to the tip. And, with the ceilings here being something like ten feet high, I had to go through the palaver of getting the stepladder out of the bathroom, where it spends most of its time being a towel rail

So now some feeble, yellowish replacement for the dead pseudo-100W daylight bulb is serving until I can get around to sorting it all out

Comment

knackered now.
            great afternoon with the chaps and chapesses.
            beer after, and now a roast beef and cheddar sarny with lashings of english mustard.
            Ambrosia

Comment

there's a cookery thing on tv <surprise>
              some guy just said he's using cornish mackerel.
              do you think the mackerel knew it was cornish?
              i thought fish were from oceans and stuff.
              can we have hertfordshire mackerel? yorkshire<god help us> mackerel?
              FFS.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  At some point I'm going to look through my 1980s and 1990s copies of Byte and Doctor Dobb's Journal, to see if I can now follow the articles I found completely incomprehensible back then
                  I downloaded shedloads of Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar, which started off understandable & simple with 8080, Z80, & suchlike & gradually became more & more obscure as time went on.

X7 home.

One of the odder* passengers spent much of the trip discussing the treatment of her puppy with some vet or other.

It's a shau pei & requires surgery so the poor fecking thing can see properly.

Tea/dinner was the remains of the chicken from Sunday.

I remembered the cranberry sauce which spiced it up a little.

Haven't seen the next door neighbours, I assume they haven't killed each other yet.

This evening's epic turned out to be "The Spiral Staircase (1946)" with a shedload of people I've never heard of apart from Elsa Lanchester (Bride of Frankenstein) and Ethel Barrymore.***

The Spiral Staircase (1946) - IMDb

It was quite atmospheric, but more in the way of melodrama than anything else.

Only an hour & 20 minutes long.

Enjoyable enough.

I have the requisite 2 copies of the dvd, which goes without saying.

*Touch of the Pot, kettle, black, there.

*** Though one chap was from over by there, look you, there's tidy then:

Rhys Williams - Biography - IMDb
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 March 2019, 22:19.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner of chicken tikka masala, with the usual bits. Very tasty

Big, bright moon out there

Comment

Just a little TV tonight: S3E7 of ST:TNG, The Enemy. Heavy on the polystyrene rocks, this one

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X