• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Which eventually got to its conclusion.

It was ok, but not really worth the extra £1 for the 2nd dvd.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    McCall' s at it again................
    better than all the K-Rap on the BeeB.
    ho, hum.
    looks like i'm coming out of retirement<again>.
    i Do get BoredTM <how do you do that TM thing?>
    only a three monther, mostly from home, and they Did make an offer which was hard to refuse.
    Not a patch on that Mr Callan IMHO.

Now he was a chap you wouldn't like to meet in a dark alley.

Enjoy the new challenge.

And think of the money.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just left St. Pancras on the way home after a very enjoyable evening at the RAF Club
    Good show.

Was the talk informative?

Oh, almost forgot: moderately pissed now. <hic>
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2019, 22:31.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Good evening.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Good evening.
        Evening MS

Comment

Home again, having decided to walk from the station

My Apple Watch has been going berserk about the amount of exercise it's suddenly been called upon to record

From here to the station: about one-and-a-half miles. From St. Pancras (EMT platforms, which are a good distance from the entrance to start with) to the RAF Club: a not-too-winding route via Bloomsbury and Shaftesbury Avenue, coming out to around three miles. I got the Tube back from there, as I stayed after the talk for a couple of beers in the bar (and chatted to the speaker, Guy Walters, briefly). Then walk home again. All in all, the watch is booking it at eight-and-a-half miles yesterday, and just over half-a-mile since midnight

I can't remember the last time I walked nine miles in one day

And I haven't had a thing to eat since the pork cob this afternoon. I'll be extremely disappointed if I haven't managed to lose a pound or two when I hop on the scales tomorrow

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Very Grey.

But strangely unmisty.

Baglan mountain in view but Margam invisible in the murk.

Dry.

Windless (aside from the after effects of the lentil <pfffft> soup).

But, bestest of all, it's Friiiiday at long last.

Enjoy this weekend because next weekend is an hour shorter to return us all to getting up in the fecking dark again again.

I much prefer it to happen during the Easter break which allows time for aclimatisation.

Next year it won't matter a damn, but this year, sadly, it does.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but mild out

Not feeling too creaky after yesterday's exertions, though

Comment

morning all
                  up to my arse in last minute paperwork
                  I'd forgotten all the feckin hoops you have to jump through.
                  feckin malarkey.
                  I don't really need the money either, just thought it would alleviate the tedium for a bit.
                  hey ho.................

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I much prefer it to happen during the Easter break which allows time for aclimatisation.

Next year it won't matter a damn, but this year, sadly, it does.
                    Basing things like Easter on the Lunar calendar does tend to confuse matters

I was born on Easter Sunday, and my 11th and 22nd birthdays were also on Easter Sunday. But then the pattern broke, and it won't happen again until I'm 95

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      morning all
                      up to my arse in last minute paperwork
                      I'd forgotten all the feckin hoops you have to jump through.
                      feckin malarkey.
                      I don't really need the money either, just thought it would alleviate the tedium for a bit.
                      hey ho.................
                      At least they no longer ask for stuff to be faxed to them. I had to get Virgin Media out to fix my perennially-broken landline once just so I could send some document or other to an agency using a scanner, the only computer I still had with a modem, and some fax software. They wouldn't even accept a printed copy by post; for some reason nobody there could explain to me, it absolutely had to be faxed

Comment

Working...
                      X