• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Too bad, - i love sweet chestnuts.
    never knew they existed until i moved south that loooong time ago, and was confronted by a ruffian with a brazier outside Finsbury Park underground on a cold November evening, hawking brown paper bags of them, roasted.
    delicious!

Vague memories of trying them once when I was very, very young. I can't even remember if I liked them

Comment

just watched BBC4's history of children's TV.
      very good i thought, but ,then, - nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Here ends a good day’s skiing, drinking and eating. Tomorrow... more of the same
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Wonderful dinner of sausages, bacon, fried egg, chips, and beans

Comment

This evening's epic123 was "Collateral Damage" with Arnie and some other people.

It was ok in a post 9/11 sort of way.

<spoiler>All the bad guys bit the dust in the end.</spoiler>

Collateral Damage (2002) - IMDb

I appear to have just the one dvd.

Or I haven't found the other 3 yet.

Tea/dinner involved Heinz baked beans and a chunk of Morrisons pork pie with egg, which was acceptable if not particularly exciting.

Mowed the 6 lawns for the last time, from now on it's just the two of my own.

Fecking hard work since the grass was very long, but fortunately not wet.

Ironically enough, got invited to Sunday dinner (i.e. at dinner time not lunch time) this evening.

Unfortunately I eat Sunday lunch at lunch time & have done for most of my life & ain't changing at this late date.

Twas a kind offer though.

And it's getting up at stupid o'clock tomorrow once more.

Only two weeks left in this term, then it's a couple or 3 weeks off for Easter, after which it's downhill all the way to retirement.

I'm a bit worried in case that Blade Runner chap turns up.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Too bad, - i love sweet chestnuts.
              never knew they existed until i moved south that loooong time ago, and was confronted by a ruffian with a brazier outside Finsbury Park underground on a cold November evening, hawking brown paper bags of them, roasted.
              delicious!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Vague memories of trying them once when I was very, very young. I can't even remember if I liked them
              Used to roast them on the open fire back in the day when we still had chimneys and grates.

Lovely.

Yum.

They went quite well in the oven of the range too, and tended not to get quite as incinerated as the ones roasted on the fire though they required more patience if you did them that way.

Just discovered last week's purchasing disaster: Muller fruit corner turned out to be something rather unpleasant with little chocolate balls instead of fruit.

Ho hum.

It'll have to be eaten, nauseating as they are.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 March 2019, 22:32.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had my first dalliance with the slow cooker.

Brisket of beef, which really was rather nice. The veggies tasted a bit "winey" - I think next time more in the glass, less in the pot and we will achieve perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Had my first dalliance with the slow cooker.

Brisket of beef, which really was rather nice. The veggies tasted a bit "winey" - I think next time more in the glass, less in the pot and we will achieve perfection.

Judging the right amounts of liquids and flavourings is one of the things you have to get used to with a slow cooker, but at least you get to enjoy the experiments along the way

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    And it's getting up at stupid o'clock tomorrow once more.

Only two weeks left in this term, then it's a couple or 3 weeks off for Easter, after which it's downhill all the way to retirement.

I'm a bit worried in case that Blade Runner chap turns up.
                    Escape to Victory

Comment

Tonight's mainly-rewatch was I Am Legend (2007), but the (n.b. spoilers at the end of this link) Alternate Theatrical Version thereof, with a quite different ending to the usual one. Both excellent, though

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X