• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely day.

Completely ruined by the interlopers still insisting on driving through my town rather than staying on the m56 to get to wales.

Which meant KFC was out of the question because it would take 45 minutes to drive the 2.8 miles back FFS

So I mowed the lawn n chopped the hedge

Tried to re felt shed number 1s roof but failed and I was too hot.

So now sat in brother's back garden having a beer.

[emoji481]

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Not long to go! Get your telly warmed up, folks
      Back in the day it was so the valves could warm up properly, now it's so the computer can boot properly.

Evening all. :

Forgot all about the television star, mostly coz I don't watch quiz programmes.

The afternoon was occupied by yet more ferreting about in the shed in a vain attempt to fit a gallon into a pint pot.

Managed to discover that I have four (4) 8" (eight inch) floppy diskette drives.

Which was a bit of a shock, since I thought there were only two.

I'd forgotten how big & how heavy they are.

Tea/dinner was M&S breaded haddock.

Now listening to the News Quiz (a quiz I do listen to), to be followed by one of today's acquistions, namely "Black Dynamite (2009)".

Black Dynamite (2009) - IMDb
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 April 2019, 17:34.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Play along at home folks - 2:10 Channel 4 - you be sure of it.
        Just flicked through on catch up. You won! Well done MS.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

And I've been careful to keep all the data handling stuff outside of the UI code, so I might turn that into a library and then use the same code in an iPhone app for doing the same thing
          Except it turns out the the Apple iTunesLibrary framework is Mac OS only

Excuse me while I throw away the iOS project I started working on a couple of hours ago…

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Tea/dinner was M&S breaded haddock.
            me too, except mine was courtesy of the captain<together with the peas>, and accompanied by me favourite auntie's chips.

oh. and lot's of HP sauce
            HP, - that's BROWN sauce, - proper sauce, served with both Bacon, Sausages AND chips.

oooops, wrong fred

bolloks, not deleting it now

this Rioja is rather nice

Comment

For tea tonight, I followed the Good Friday tradition of going to the chippy: haddock and chips, and exceedingly nice it was

Lot of haddock being eaten by the denizens of TPD today

Comment

Managed to discover that I have four (4) 8" (eight inch) floppy diskette drives.

Which was a bit of a shock, since I thought there were only two.

I'd forgotten how big & how heavy they are.
                There you go, a Plan B: build a USB interface for them and offer data recovery services for companies that still have warehouses full of 8" floppies

You can persuade them they need whatever's on there by talking about big data, historical trends, and machine learning

Comment

For tea tonight, I followed the Good Friday tradition of going to the chippy: haddock and chips, and exceedingly nice it was

Lot of haddock being eaten by the denizens of TPD today
                  haddock is the new wonderfood.
                  you heard it here first.

Comment

Now listening to the News Quiz (a quiz I do listen to), to be followed by one of today's acquistions, namely "Black Dynamite (2009)".

Black Dynamite (2009) - IMDb
                    And lo! verily it came to pass and much mirth ensued.

Very funny.

It looked exactly as if it had been made in 1971.

And fortunately was worth looking at, unlike that mediocre piece of crap I watched earlier in the week that really was made in the 70s.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    you heard it here first.

Cod knows why.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      you heard it here first.

Cod knows why.

Comment