• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croissants and raspberry jam for breakfast or lunch or whatever it is when it's lunchtime but still the first meal of the day

Comment

Well the interlopers are still interloping through town not as bad as yesterday mind you.

But I had watermelon instead of fried chicken for dinnrr mainly cos I am doing a BBQ for the family tonight and that will be a festival of meat.

Other than that, fixed the netball post but still not sorted the shed roof.

In-laws are round tomorrow so maybe can rope them in to help.

Problem with sitting out in the sun is you get an urge for cocktails so may dust off the smoothie maker for some vodka smoothies...

Probably need to prepare the kebabs first.

Enjoy the sunshine but

YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Croissants and raspberry jam for breakfast or lunch or whatever it is when it's lunchtime but still the first meal of the day
        I believe the cousins in the colonies term it "brunch".

The towels are in the TD in a no doubt vain attempt to fluff 'em up a bit.

Coz they're like sandpaper at the moment.

And not 400 grit.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I believe the cousins in the colonies term it "brunch".
          I've managed to avoid the horror of having to use that portmanteau word by having a late lunch of hot dogs, which puts the croissants firmly in the "breakfast" category

Comment

Afternoon all

Who broke the weather?

Out on the bike early this morning, a spin over to Matlock and back. Barely above freezing at 06:30, by the time it got to 10:00 I was running out of layers to remove! 21.5degC by the time I got home, apparently. Shorts sleeves and bib shorts and it's not even May yet.

Does not bode well for July...
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've managed to avoid the horror of having to use that portmanteau word by having a late lunch of hot dogs, which puts the croissants firmly in the "breakfast" category
              A handbaaaag?

<DS in "The Importance of Being Strangelove" mode>

Tea/dinner this evening was, as predicted, lamb's liver with M&S smoked bacon (BBE 07/13 as left in the freezer by Mater DS).

It was Very Nice, though the liver was a bit odd, with 3 slices a dark colour & the other two a lighter colour.

They both tasted ok.

As a treat there was a Jersey Royal in addition to the mash.

The gravy was enhanced with a purple onion which looked very strange until added to said gravy, whereupon it looked much the same as any other onion gravy.

The chili added to the gravy was done with a bit of a heavy hand, but added a bit of necessary spice.

My book at the moment is "The Killing Skool" by Brandon Webb, being yet another tome about sniping to add to the collection.

Glad I've never had to do any of this stuff.

Comment

Ripping of the Dylan CDs is finally completed and Amazon has just this minute delivered several USB sticks to the Locker, so I'll be able to present copies to my brother and brother-in-law tomorrow

My book at the moment is "The Killing Skool" by Brandon Webb, being yet another tome about sniping to add to the collection.

Glad I've never had to do any of this stuff.
                My current book is Blind Ambition by John Dean, White House Counsel to Richard Nixon, who went to jail over his involvement in Watergate and Nixon's other shenanigans.

I want to finish it this evening as it's my brother's, so I can return it to him tomorrow. He in turn bought it off a good friend of his when he was a student at Oxford back in the late 1970s, and said friend was killed in a crash on the M4 last year, so I think it will now have a certain sentimental value for him. The friend had written in it his name and the date he originally bought it: 5/4/78.

Comment

Ripping of the Dylan CDs is finally completed and Amazon has just this minute delivered several USB sticks to the Locker, so I'll be able to present copies to my brother and brother-in-law tomorrow

My current book is Blind Ambition by John Dean, White House Counsel to Richard Nixon, who went to jail over his involvement in Watergate and Nixon's other shenanigans.

I want to finish it this evening as it's my brother's, so I can return it to him tomorrow. He in turn bought it off a good friend of his when he was a student at Oxford back in the late 1970s, and said friend was killed in a crash on the M4 last year, so I think it will now have a certain sentimental value for him. The friend had written in it his name and the date he originally bought it: 5/4/78.
                  best before sometime last week sirloin steak, with horseradish, captain's finest peas, and my aunty's chipped tatties.

re-reading terry pratchet, 'cos i always read deep and meaningful tomes.
                  soul music, currently.

very good, especially if you're a musician.

Comment

Tonight's movie mayhem was courtesy of Backtrace (2018) which wasn't that bad, actually. The plot isn't excessively preposterous (though it is fairly so) and the pacing is OK. There's some serious overacting in parts, which is a bit distracting. And the ending seemed a little unlikely, but then again, the entire premise is more than a little unlikely. Basically, it's hokum and has a few decent gunfights, so if you're in the mood for something along those lines, it helps pass ninety minutes

Goodnight all
                    Oh, that one. I've got it somewhere, buried in the pile.
                    On top of the pile as it transpired.

Now watched.

It was ok.

I've endured much worse.

The evening's 2nd feature is "The Desert Rats (1953)" with James Mason and Richard Burton, being the story of the defence of Tobruk.

The Desert Rats (1953) - IMDb

<hiatus>

It was rather good in a 1953 sort of way.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 April 2019, 22:33.

Comment

Chinese for dinner; very nice, as always

Reason for being quiet tonight: "People gone away for Easter maybe"

Comment

Working...
                      X