• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Roast beef today for Sunday lunch.

Also taking the opportunity to bake those pork faggots I bought by mistake last week.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Quick early spin on the bike, back in time to get the Sunday Lunch on. Leg of Lamb with all the bits. Should be ready in about an Hour.
        Last edited by DaveB; 21 April 2019, 11:09.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Afternoon all.

Quick early spin on the bike, back in tie to get the Sunday Lunch on. Leg of Lamb with all the bits. Should be ready in about an Hour.
          dressing for dinner? - there's posh for you

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            dressing for dinner? - there's posh for you
            One has to maintain some standards.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Chicken and chickpea madras simmering on the stove, courtesy of mr Patak.

to be consumed over the course of this week <unless i freeze some>

flat smells nice.............................

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Roast beef today for Sunday lunch.

Also taking the opportunity to bake those pork faggots I bought by mistake last week.
                Beef roasted & eaten, along with one baked faggot.

Are we allowed to say "baked faggot"?

I wouldn't like to offend, like.

It was to be followed by stewed apple & custard but the jug of custard fell over in the microwave (don't ask), so that idea bit the dust (or, rather, went down the fecking sink).

I'll have some later this evening for dinner/tea.

It's hot out there at the moment so the trip down the dump is less than inviting.

Maybe about 16:00 would be betterer.

Car loaded up with crap.

Stone me, it's warm out there.

Not used to this.

Particularly not, Generally speaking, Specifically In April.

<hiatus>

Sunday's mandatory trip down the dump done & dusted.

However much crap I take down there, there's always more to be taken.

I can't understand it.

And while I was doing that, the new neighbours were in The Pilot House in Mumbles having a meal, and some beer.

It's a funny old world.

I just rewarded myself by eating another of those faggots that I baked this morning.

No peas though.

Just think, in another 23 working days, my entire life will be made up of excitement like this.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 April 2019, 14:59.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home again

Very pleasant drive down, as the traffic was pretty light and the scenery looked very nice in the sunshine. At the advice of Google Maps I skipped the 50mph roadworks on the M1 in favour of a more rural route after Northampton, which mainly consisted of me mentally ticking off which of various pubs along the way I was last in twenty, thirty, or more years ago

I was to collect my parents and take them to my sister's home for lunch, but my mother was feeling a bit unwell and decided to skip the occasion in favour of returning to bed, so I just took my Dad

But it was an exceedingly nice lunch: roast turkey dinner, eaten out in the garden in the shade of large umbrellas

And then I took my niece back to see my Mum, and after we'd chatted to her for a time and she'd reminisced about life in Woolton during the war and George Harrison's childhood, I left for home (my brother and his wife having by now walked down from my sister's) and once again had an enjoyable drive.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Just think, in another 23 working days, my entire life will be made up of excitement like this.
                    I for one am looking forward to your blow-by-blow account of it all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I for one am looking forward to your blow-by-blow account of it all
                      me too! - can't wait! - i've pre-ordered the boxset

Comment

Working...
                      X