• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, to sum up, a sort of fruitless salad.

Having finished "The Killing Skool", today's book is "The Spies of Winter" by Sinclair McKay, regarding code breaking & such shenanigans during the Cold War.

It seems a bit dry at the start.

Especially for Xogg:

Try googling "The Killing Skool".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2019, 11:01.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Reminder that mudskipper will be on Countdown again in half-an-hour or so

Comment

Wow, scariest 2 minutes of my life there. I thought MF had been given access to the servers. The whole shebang was down!
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Wow, scariest 2 minutes of my life there. I thought MF had been given access to the servers. The whole shebang was down!
            That’s what happens when admin takes the day off to look at mediaeval stained glass

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Reminder that mudskipper will be on Countdown again in half-an-hour or so
              Couple of cracking numbers games there

Comment

One away from a century!

Comment

My Countdown-coincident lunch was a fry-up again. Huge one this time though, as it's my birthday

Comment

Stone me, it's a bit warm out there.

Wandered out to Lidl(tm) for no particular reason other than the walk.

Nothing of any particular interest, though if you're in the market for a big, feck off, set of combination spanners, there's some on offer.

Noticed on the way over, that the May is out, so clouts may be cast as and when it suits.

Though since it'll probably be snowing by Sunday, I wouldn't throw caution to the winds.

Bought some more tomatoes in Morrisons in the hope that this lot won't go furry before I've opened the packet.

Halfords was totally uninteresting, much as expected.

The thing for selecting stuff is slower than using the book used to be, which says a lot really.

Not as slow as the Argos one, which seems to have a 2 second key bounce check on it.

Saw a crow (A Proper Crow, not a rook or a raven or a jackdaw) catch what appeared to be a rat and start eating it, though it could, of course, have been a hamster, gerbil, or other rodent.

I didn't like to ask.

While high above, a buzzard circled, unmolested by jackdaws, which is unusual, they must have been busy doing sommat else.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2023, 12:46. Reason: "high about"? WTF? "high above" seems betterer.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Aye, was nowhere near playing along at home today! Did better on the words though.

Edit - well nowhere near as in one away
                      Last edited by mudskipper; 22 April 2019, 14:28.

Comment

Working...
                      X