• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the plus side, it's filming lunch break, so a chance to top up the caffeine before tomorrow's show!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      On the plus side, it's filming lunch break, so a chance to top up the caffeine before tomorrow's show!

How many shows do they record per day?

Oh, and I prefer Susie over Rachel any day.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Before I forget, today's Countdown Consumption was corned beef butties again - on brown multiseed bread, no less!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Wot? No guns?
          Spoiler alert: there was a Victorian solicitor getting stabbed in the back of the head by a manufacturer of bottles

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            How many shows do they record per day?

Oh, and I prefer Susie over Rachel any day.
            Usually 5. One DC guest = 1 day filming, so we've just done the 3rd with (the rather lovely) Colin Murray.

Got a niceish pic of me and Susie

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cb&oe=5D32EE75

I like both of them - think they're great role models for girls.

Comment

Usually 5. One DC guest = 1 day filming, so we've just done the 3rd with (the rather lovely) Colin Murray.

Got a niceish pic of me and Susie

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cb&oe=5D32EE75

I like both of them - think they're great role models for girls.

They are both excellent role models. I feel sorry for Rachel for the abuse she gets where fat balding men say she gets fed the answers through an earpiece.

I also think they have a real laugh on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well that's interesting

If you enter a post entirely in angled brackets, it tells you your message is too short

<test icles>
                Hmm, it seems to depend on which editor you're using; one version will, it seems, return the contents of the editor properly escaped, such that < and > are converted to &lt; and &gt; whereas the other one doesn't. The latter then falls foul of some JavaScript designed to strip out HTML tags. Looks like vBulletin have been lax about testing all possible configurations of their product

The offending code can be found at line 495 of vbulletin_textedit.js, where

Code:
                vB_Text_Editor.prototype.getRawData = function() {
                    if (this.editor) {
                        if (this.editor.document) {
                            var A = this.editor.document.getBody().getHtml();
                            if (CKEDITOR.env.gecko) {
                                A = A.replace(/<br>(?=\s*(:?$|<\/body>))/, "")
                            }
                            return A
                        } else {
                            return this.editor.textarea.$.value
                        }
                    } else {
                        return this.textarea.value
                    }
                };
                returns different values depending on circumstances, and then at line 139 of vbulletin-core.js where:

Code:
                var C = PHP.trim(stripcode(B, false, ignorequotechars));
                calls function stripcode (line 165 of the same file) which seems to be getting a value for G which makes it think it's supposed to be stripping out HTML and not BBCode

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  <snip>
                  The offending code can be found at line 495 of vbulletin_textedit.js, where
                  <snip>
                  returns different values depending on circumstances, and then at line 139 of vbulletin-core.js where:
                  <snip>
                  And yes, they do use an underscore in one filename and a hyphen in the other

Comment

Glad we've straightened that out.

Back from seeing my mate.

He's well enough, considering.

Tea/dinner this evening, as is only right & proper, is lentil <pfffft> soup.

With added chili sauce in a vain attempt to spice it up a bit.

Once the poppity ping goes <ping> it'll be ready.

<hiatus>

Feck me that really was unpleasant.

Adding bits of toasted ancient Hovis made it worse.

Ho hum.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2019, 17:16.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Venturing forth in a little bit to take advantage of the tip staying open until later in the evening during British Summer Time. It would appear to be knocking on two years since I've disposed of the multiple containers of cooking oil from the deep fat fryer (it takes 3 litres at a a time), which normally lurk in a convenient corner under a worktop but are now so numerous that they're extending into the room and I keep accidentally kicking them

Time to get rid, before one of them spontaneously decomposes enough to dump its contents all over the floor

And I might even pop into Morrisons, as that's virtually next door to said tip

Comment

Working...
                      X