• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    V from the deep fat fryer
    i met one at a party once, - an overweight monk in the kitchen spouting quotations from nietzsche.

Comment

cod and chips from the kosovan* chippy dahn the road.

wiv HP sauce, - the brown stuff, - manly sauce.

very nice too

another 7 am rise tomorrow.

remind me why i thought coming out of retirement would be good for me.

anyone??

*probably albanian, really, but great food

i'm knackered.

watching whatever's on tv 'cos i don't have the energy to do anything else.

click, click, click, click

Comment

Excursion completed. Good tip, good trip

Though my timing was poor. I decided to do the tip then Morrisons, as it's much of a muchness, but when I got to the entrance of the tip they'd just lowered the barrier so they could move some skips around, so the chap there told me. It's too much hassle to try to get out of there once you're that far (it's down a long dead-end), so I waited as a queue built up behind me. Took about fifteen minutes before they let us in, and then I finally disposed of my roughly thirty litres (not counting ullage) of used sunflower oil. Filled one of their blue barrels roughly a third of the way up

And so round to Morrisons for various bits. It was a very pleasant evening but there was a sudden shower while I was in the shop, which left behind a nice rainbow over the cemetery and the university beyond that when I emerged

Fun fact: the cemetery over the road from the university in Kingsley Amis's Lucky Jim was inspired by Leicester

Need to see about sorting something out for dinner now.

Comment

This evening's televisual epics began with TBBT which was funny, followed by "Silent Movie (1976)" with Mel Brookes, Dom DeLuise, and Marty Feldman.

Silent Movie (1976) - IMDb

I remember it as being much much funnier.

Another illusion shattered.

And that lentil <pfffft> soup was majorly unpleasant.

Dunno what I did to it but it wasn't good.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For tea tonight, a couple of pork steaks from Morrisons with a honey and Dijon mustard glaze, all with chips and beans. Very nice, it was

The recycling bin has not been trundled forth, as there isn't enough in there this week to make it worthwhile. Not sure why; maybe the downstairs back were contributing more than I realised until they moved, or maybe people have been away for the long weekend.

There's some more people in the downstairs back now. I think they even have a very young child, judging by the stuff they've been hanging on the line. Must be a bit cramped in a studio flat with a baby or toddler, but if anything that's slightly better than where my parents started out and my brother was born (a single room in my mum's cousin's house) so good luck to them

Comment

What I find most remarkable about the new neighbours is the size of the bed, it's a fecking king size.

Which means there's no room for the rather nice oak wardrobes.

Which means I might just as well have given the fecking things to charity a year ago, not that anyone would have wanted them but there you go.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                What I find most remarkable about the new neighbours is the size of the bed, it's a fecking king size.

Which means there's no room for the rather nice oak wardrobes.

Which means I might just as well have given the fecking things to charity a year ago, not that anyone would have wanted them but there you go.

If you have to share a bed, you need to be able to put as much space between you and your sharee as possible. The spoons thing only really works for the first 6 months (year if you're lucky) of a relationship - the limerence period.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  limerence
                  Oooh - that's a good 9!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Oooh - that's a good 9!
                    Eighteen points for that on a letters round!

Comment

Tonight's masterpiece of cinema has been Crank (2006), in which Jason Statham has to keep his adrenaline level up or else he'll die. Pretty preposterous stuff but plenty of mayhem, and that's what we want to see

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X