• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's masterpiece of cinema has been Crank (2006), in which Jason Statham has to keep his adrenaline level up or else he'll die. Pretty preposterous stuff but plenty of mayhem, and that's what we want to see

Goodnight all
    I liked that one.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If you have to share a bed, you need to be able to put as much space between you and your sharee as possible. The spoons thing only really works for the first 6 months (year if you're lucky) of a relationship - the limerence period.
    Re the kingsize bed, the Strangelove parents managed with a normal sized double bed for 60 odd years and DS Pater was a larger man than the new neighbour (or me for that matter).

I compare & contrast what's there now & the overwhelming mess with what was there previously, but hey! that was then and this is now.

The advantage of the kingsize bed is that it's a mere foot or so off the floor so you won't hurt yourself if you fall out.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Torrential side of Drizzly.

Depressing.

Day for a haircut, so off to see the barber shortly.

Back to "work" for 23 days on Monday.

I'm "looking forward" to it already. :suicide

Barometer risen 12mb since last I tapped it whenever that was, probably Wednesday.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 April 2019, 07:49.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc. The mist and low cloud we had earlier when out walking have now lifted to become patchy clouds with a bit of sunshine.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Morning denizens

The weather can't make up its mind whether to be sunny with patchy cloud or cloudy with sunny spells, but it's quite Simpsonesque in parts

Currently trying to work out how to fit the shopping in around Countdown while still avoiding both permies taking lunch breaks and parents collecting kids after school

Comment

Hammering down intermittently on the way down to town.

Hair now barbered.

In with the hoi polloi.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Torrential side of Drizzly.

Depressing.
              Didn't get blown out of bed then? Steel plant explosion: Two hurt at Tata in Port Talbot - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Didn't know owt about it until it was mentioned on the 8 o'clock news.

I must have dozed through the 6 & 7 o'clock bulletins.

The cloud looks exactly like a mushroom cloud without the interesting splitting atoms bit.

No Cobalt Thorium G involved & you ain't seen me right?

And off we go to Morrisons to see what delectable comestibles are on offer this day.

I still haven't got over how unpleasant that lentil <pffffft> soup was yesterday.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 April 2019, 10:03.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Simpsonesque here this morning.

Off to Manchester shortly to speak to the company who was one of the end ClientCo for my last contract up there, except this time without multiple ConsultancyCos in the way.
                  And there's a call from the agent... boomed for a three-monther subject to the usual paperwork.

Comment

Cloudy and a bit sticky, looks like there might be rain later.

It was hailing yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      And there's a call from the agent... boomed for a three-monther subject to the usual paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                      X