• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    bird feeders resupplied.
    Crap.

I knew I'd forgotten something other than the carrier bag full of books I forgot this morning.

Just as well (or ditch) really since it would have been a bit of a strain carrying them all the way to Oxfam on High Street (or is that Castle Street?).

Yup.

It's Castle Street on account of the Castle.

Anyway, I remembered to look up 8 bells to see if the clock in Morgan's Hotel is doing something naval rather than just being wrong.

It's just wrong.

Five to one is not 8 bells by any stretch of the imagination.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 May 2019, 12:54.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch, after the manner espoused by Nigel Slater: soft white bread, quickly fried on the inside face in the fat left over from frying the bacon. Delicious

Comment

Missed a rat.

OK, I was on a conference call at the time, so holding the phone to one ear with my shoulder, while trying to steady my weapon meant I was about 2cm above his eyeball. Need more practice.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Missed a rat.

OK, I was on a conference call at the time, so holding the phone to one ear with my shoulder, while trying to steady my weapon meant I was about 2cm above his eyeball. Need more practice.
          Tree rat or the other kind?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Tree rat or the other kind?

Ground rat.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ground rat.
              Ah, they don't taste so good.

Comment

Mid-1990s to mid-2000s PCWs are so thick I garnered a pile over three feet high in minutes. I believe it was around the late 1990s that PCW got into the Guinness Book of Records for the thickest magazine ever published in the UK, and I seem to have that and all its siblings cluttering the place up

Of course the real pain is going to be carting them downstairs, across the back yard, and out to the car so I can take them to the recycling place. They weigh a ton too; must be printed on very dense paper
                Last edited by NickFitz; 14 May 2019, 16:45.

Comment

^^
                  I disposed of some stuff I'd extracted from long dead electronics magazines some time over Easter.

I worked on the principle that I hadn't looked at any of it since it was cut out, so if I threw it away it wouldn't matter much.

X7 home again home again, jiggety jig.

The bus was like an oven, but an elderly (even more elderly than I) closed the window and put her hood up.

The blood must get very thin at that age.

A youngish gentleman in one of those silly over engined loud motor cars informed me that I'm an arsehole because I told him when he inquired, that the road was closed unless he was a resident.

If he hadn't been so snotty I'd have told him he could very probably drive down it despite it being closed.

So he wore about £50 off his no doubt expensive tyres in some sort of attempt to impress me.

Sady, he failed at this.

The things you see when out without a gun.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  bird feeders resupplied.
                  Thanks for the reminder.

It's the little seeds they're going for, rather than the ground nuts.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 May 2019, 17:54.

Comment

Ground rat.
                    onnastick? or innabun?

chilli sauce?

Comment

chicken madras <ex freezer>
                      very nice

bored now.

i do envy all the oiks who can build their whole life around boring krap like football, golf, cycling etc.

feck it.

Comment

Working...
                      X