• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted through some more magazines, which allowed me to reach a small box on top of a taller box. I knew what was in the small box, so moved that to one side, as the taller box contained yet more magazines, as best I remembered.

Turned out I remembered wrong: it contained assorted clothes and a couple of cushions

The cushions can go to landfill as they're rubbishy very old things and probably highly flammable, and the clothes can have a quick wash and go to the Oxfam clothes skip behind Sainsbury's, except perhaps one jumper if it still fits and the moths haven't been at it

And it means I now have a better grasp of the ultimate scope of the magazine problem

Comment

I'm continually going through boxes that don't contain what I thought they did.

In "work" I remember where things used to be two moves ago, with no fecking idea wtf they are now.

Much the same applies at home.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Sorted through some more magazines, which allowed me to reach a small box on top of a taller box. I knew what was in the small box, so moved that to one side, as the taller box contained yet more magazines, as best I remembered.

Turned out I remembered wrong: it contained assorted clothes and a couple of cushions

The cushions can go to landfill as they're rubbishy very old things and probably highly flammable, and the clothes can have a quick wash and go to the Oxfam clothes skip behind Sainsbury's, except perhaps one jumper if it still fits and the moths haven't been at it

And it means I now have a better grasp of the ultimate scope of the magazine problem
        Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I'm continually going through boxes that don't contain what I thought they did.

In "work" I remember where things used to be two moves ago, with no fecking idea wtf they are now.

Much the same applies at home.
        i've moved about a bit, but i still seem to have accumulated a plethora of bass drum pedals

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          i've moved about a bit, but i still seem to have accumulated a plethora of bass drum pedals
          Well someone's got to.

Tonight's 2nd feature was "To sail beyond the stars".

"Jeremiah" To Sail Beyond the Stars (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

A bit less post apocalyptic than the previous one, without so much in the way of daisy cutters.

I remembered more of this one, I have little recollection of "the ground sown with salt".

I wonder why that is.

TFBSZ.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 May 2019, 21:12.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            TFBSZ.
            OI! that’s my line!

Although when I say it, I mean Zebedee, not Zeity.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For tea tonight, the rest of Monday's spare ribs, which I'd forgotten to freeze, along with potato wedges roasted in duck fat; all very nice

I always get the quantities wrong when making wedges, so this time I just made loads anyway. Enough left for a couple more meals

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was Another 48 Hrs. (1990) - IMDb, which is OK, but not as good as the first.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    For tea tonight, the rest of Monday's spare ribs, which I'd forgotten to freeze, along with potato wedges roasted in duck fat; all very nice

I always get the quantities wrong when making wedges, so this time I just made loads anyway. Enough left for a couple more meals
                    Century

Comment

Mostly sunny today

Comment

Working...
                      X