• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I've now reached the TFBSZ stage of things.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

So have I, unfortunately due to a monumental organisational meltdown, I got asked this afternoon to cover midnight to 7am support. So, 2 hours sleep and I'm back at my desk.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        So have I, unfortunately due to a monumental organisational meltdown, I got asked this afternoon to cover midnight to 7am support. So, 2 hours sleep and I'm back at my desk.
        Halfway there now! Chin up

Comment

On the entertainment apparatus tonight, I started with Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005). If I understand matters correctly, the stars thereof weren't officially an item at the time it was made, but the filmmakers seem to have formed the impression that they could get by with scenes that fans of "Brangelina" (for so they were denoted when they did become an item shortly afterwards) would find cute merely because the stars were both present. Unsurprisingly, this approach has proved not to be of lasting merit

It's a bit of a waste really, as the premise is a good one with lots of potential. Somebody should remake it, this time concentrating on telling the story well rather than just showcasing some celebrity couple

Having been left in search of a story, I then turned to Dirty Harry (1971), which amply meets that requirement, being from the good old days when the presence of a star (or two) was not considered sufficient in itself to justify using all that celluloid

And then, as I've been meaning to rewatch it for years but somehow never have, S1E1 (as we didn't call it in those days) of Fawlty Towers: A Touch of Class. Glorious stuff, as fresh today as it was when I first watched it in 1975

Goodnight all - well, all who aren't helpdesking, to whom many commiserations

Comment

As indeed I had, for within 5 minutes or so I was suffering from aura and couldn't see enough to read my going to sleep book.

In fact, the lights were so bright with the lights off & my eyes closed that it resembled a fireworks display.

Morning.

Dry.

Cool.

No current precipitation.

No wind.

Two parcels to collect from the Post Office in town.

The gas board have finished (for now) digging up the road so no further requirement for being called an arsehole by moronic motor vehicle drivers.

All good clean fun.

The cottons are in the WM, and should be done by 11:30ish.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Halfway there now! Chin up
              By the time you’d posted that, I had decided that since no one had contacted me by phone, email, etc, that I’d go to bed... having sent a suitable number of emails and documents to the PMs to make it clear I was working.

At 6.55am, The Wife (tm) woke me to tell me to check my emails and let them know I was finishing. She’s good!

Morning all
              Off to a village fete this afternoon where I’ve discovered they will be serving two of my favourite beers and they need help on the last shift at the beer tent.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out; no rain though, and mild enough

Comment

Two parcels to collect from the Post Office in town.

The cottons are in the WM, and should be done by 11:30ish.
                    The third parcel turned up with the postman just as I was sorting the recycling out.

The parcels down in town were successfully collected from the PO.

Oddly, I managed to think it was an hour later than it actually was, so was surprised when I returned home to find the WM still going.

I think the brain rot is well and truly setting in now.

My mate turned up at about 11:45, which according to my internal clock was 12:45.

Ho hum.

In other news, the brave little soldier next door has retired back to his bed because he's so tired.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 May 2019, 11:43.

Comment

The washing machine has been activated! Bedding, as I changed the bed last night

Comment

Working...
                      X