• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Grey, mild day out

Comment

afternoon all.
      the osteorenalapathy seems to have morphed into a form of narcolepsy.
      i just want to sleep all day.
      oh, well.
      maybe it'll be gone tomorrow.

Comment

Sausage roll for lunch

Still no rain here. Just gloomy and grey, which feels quite fitting for a Sunday afternoon, like real life is a black-and-white film

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Sausage roll for lunch

Still no rain here. Just gloomy and grey, which feels quite fitting for a Sunday afternoon, like real life is a black-and-white film
          you got the ghost of tony hancock there??

'cor, stone me, what a life'

Comment

Decent walk this morning.

Sat in the sunshine drinking beer now

[emoji296]

Comment

Cask drained, dog walked, bag packed in preparation for a trip to BR14 country
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Cask drained, dog walked, bag packed in preparation for a trip to BR14 country
                Wot? - sarf herts?

Please don't. - it's nice here.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  afternoon all.
                  the osteorenalapathy seems to have morphed into a form of narcolepsy.
                  i just want to sleep all day.
                  oh, well.
                  maybe it'll be gone tomorrow.
                  Sounds like Vic Hitler the narcoleptic comic from Hill St Blues.

How can I remember that so well? It's nearly 40 fecking years ago.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Sausage roll for lunch

you got the ghost of tony hancock there??

'cor, stone me, what a life'

Back the day, the endless ennui of Sunday afternoon was predicated on the inability to do anything whatsoever other than attend services for whichever sky fairy was favoured, with two channels of mediocre b&w tv to choose from.

These days are so different, what with all the shops open, and 250 channels of tulip on the tv to choose from, many in glorious HD colour.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 May 2019, 17:04. Reason: Vic not Vince
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Sounds like Vic Hitler the narcoleptic comic from Hill St Blues.

How can I remember that so well? It's nearly 40 fecking years ago.

Back the day, the endless ennui of Sunday afternoon was predicated on the inability to do anything whatsoever other than attend services for whichever sky fairy was favoured, with two channels of mediocre b&w tv to choose from.

These days are so different, what with all the shops open, and 250 channels of tulip on the tv to choose from, many in glorious HD colour.
                    i don't shop unless it's absolutely essential.

I don't believe in sky fairies.

and you're perfectly correct that the 250 channels broadcast utter crap.

someone even started a thread about some of the crap on here.

oh, sorry, three threads.

Comment

i don't shop unless it's absolutely essential.

I don't believe in sky fairies.

and you're perfectly correct that the 250 channels broadcast utter crap.

someone even started a thread about some of the crap on here.

oh, sorry, three threads.

Very wise.

Are the three threads crap too?

Specifically in General one would assume.

Where did we find this Yorkie chap?

Irritating little bugger isn't he.

I'm expecting much wailing and gnashing of teeth tomorrow when some fantasy programme thing I've never watched comes to what passes for a conclusion.

I wonder if there'll be any anachronisms in the last ep.

In other news, tea/dinner this evening was the 2nd Ginsters Cornish Pasty (why did I type Cornish as Corning, that's quite disturbing) with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons thick cut pumpkin seed toast.

It was very nice.

For supper I have a chorizo Scotch egg to enjoy a bit later.

Dunno what to watch this evening.

I've made another 4 (actually 5, there's 2 on one bit of pcb) pcbs this afternoon.

I'm getting quite good at this now.

Heating the developer up in the microwave makes development much quicker.

Not sure quite what it does to the microwave mind you.

I've just remembered reading about some unfortunate shop owner who was done for refilling his cigarette machine on a Sunday afternoon back in the glorious 1950s.

It must have been in one of those 50 years ago things in the South Wales Evening Post.

I think he fined about £5, which was A Lot back then.

After a mildly interesting thing about aviation on PBS, we're now on to The Oak Island nutjobs.

It's a fecking money pit alright.

The money in it is the vast sums of cash poured down it in futile attempts to find "treasure".

It should be defined as A Hole In The Ground Down Which You Pour Money.

Ah, it's the lead cross again.

Templars.

Never seen this version of the thread before:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...65-p-1237.html

Someone was waffling on about gods or something.

It's so tedious I didn't bother listening.

And they found a survey stake.

The excitement is palpable.

It's from about 1980 some indeterminate time between last week and 4.5 billion years.

The metal detectorist found some iron hinges that "look like they came from a box or a chest".

Presumably a chest with fifteen men on it.

Singing yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

And the drilling machine just broke.

It's very broke.

TFBSZ.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 May 2019, 21:00.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X