• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'd forgotten was the sensor I'd designed the fecker around, it was an LM335 not an LM35.

Glad we've cleared that up.

With an LM35 it was showing -286 deg C which would have made the lab a bit chilly all in all, and would have won me the Nobel Prize for achieving a temperature 13 degrees below absolute zero.

X7 home again home again jiggety jig.

Very warm on the bus.

<phew wot a scorcher>

Tea/dinner this evening is M&S battered haddock.

Which should just about be ready.

And very nice it was.

Now to enjoy a couple of mugs of Glengettie tea, especially blended to suit Welsh Water, boyo.

I suppose I'd better drag my aged body upstairs for a nice cold shower.

Seem to be getting very tired these days, more tired than usual.

Must be because I'm almost an OAP.

Now to find a course on brick laying.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 May 2019, 18:46.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Reading Pepys' Diary, I can't help but think it would be a Good Thing if we were to resume the practice of breaking off from work mid-morning for a "morning draught" at some convenient alehouse or tavern

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Reading Pepys' Diary, I can't help but think it would be a Good Thing if we were to resume the practice of breaking off from work mid-morning for a "morning draught" at some convenient alehouse or tavern
        sounds like the 80's
        certainly in that London.

chicken dhansak, pilaw rice, saag aloo and chapati for my evening repast.

bugger me! i'm stuffed now.

who's in charge of the emoji/wee picture things?

WE NEED a STUFFED EMOJI!!!!

oh, well

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Absolutely!

Amateurs

HP + Mug of tea the size of Coniston water its the only civilised way with a banger butty.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Amateurs

HP + Mug of earl grey tea the size of loch lomond. - its the only civilised way with a banger butty.
            ftfy, perhaps

Comment

Just had two Morrisons Eccles Cakes (reduced) since I don't do delayed gratification any more in case I die while waiting.

Now watching "Hatton Garden" on ITV with Kenneth Cranham & Timothy Spall.

They look as old as I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Just had two Morrisons Eccles Cakes (reduced) since I don't do delayed gratification any more in case I die while waiting.

Now watching "Hatton Garden" on ITV with Kenneth Cranham & Timothy Spall.

They look as old as I feel.
                oh, DO wait 'till you've got your freedom pass before you give it the full on grumpy old git, please?

oh, mind you, it's wales innit?

Comment

Look what I just found, a bunch of nutters that accept donations of ancient tech:

Recent Donations – Time-Line Computer Archive

Just about TFBSZ.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 May 2019, 21:01.

Comment

Dinner has been much of the rest of the big chicken from Sunday, reheated in the oven, with the rest of the potato wedges from whenever it was and lashings of red sauce. Exceedingly nice, it was

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Look what I just found, a bunch of nutters that accept donations of ancient tech:

Recent Donations – Time-Line Computer Archive

Just about TFBSZ.
                      Including magazines, I see… Cumbria's a bit of a way to take them all, though

Comment

Working...
                      X