• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the stock turned out very nice again; it's been reduced a bit and can go in the fridge overnight, as I'll use half of it in a casserole tomorrow, and then freeze the rest against the future

Then I did my civic duty at the ballot box, and collected my parcels, and contributed to the local economy of the eastern end of High Holborn, where Sainsbury's HQ is located.

And then I prepared a batch of potato wedges as far as the parboiling stage, ready to be cooked when I get around to preparing the rest of tonight's dinner later.

Startlingly productive, all in all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The excitement of it all must be overwhelming.
      Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        For those for whom it is of interest, the final eps of TBBT are on E4 this evening.
        That was unexpectedly very funny.

With an unexpected special guest.

TFBSZ

Off I go to read more of my current book about The Fall of the British Empire.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 May 2019, 21:07.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Beer and now pizza hope it arrives before the missus.

Comment

Very nice tea for dinner (or vice versa): steak & ale casserole (from March, IIRC) out of the freezer, with freshly-made potato wedges roasted in duck fat, and petits pois

And the recycling bin has been trundled forth against the morrow.

Quite worn out with all the activity this evening. I think I might treat myself to a beer while I watch some suitably unchallenging entertainment

Comment

Boar & Apple sausages + asparagus & bean.

Its such hard work being the QA team for a butcher.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Onwards with the Dirty Harry season with Sudden Impact (1983), which is a bit of a mishmash to start with (obligatory café holdup, stuff with mob boss that results in random bits of action here and there) but finally settles down properly into its story, which then chugs along nicely to a satisfying conclusion

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

WFH today - God Llandudno is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Onwards with the Dirty Harry season with Sudden Impact (1983), which is a bit of a mishmash to start with (obligatory café holdup, stuff with mob boss that results in random bits of action here and there) but finally settles down properly into its story, which then chugs along nicely to a satisfying conclusion

Goodnight all
                      Not a favourite of mine, but ok in its way, just to see Albert Popwell again, this time as a cop.

Morning.

Dry.

Warmish side of notsocold.

Overcast.

Hazy.

Baglan barely visible.

Flat calm.

Friday.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X