• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Never throw anything away!

It's endlessly amusing that "they" seem to love smashing quarterlights.

A little triangular piece of glass that costs £50 or more.
    Combined age of Scruff VehiCules[emoji2400] now 116!

Quick exit...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

So IN YOUR FACE ALL YOU TIDY PEOPLE WHO DON'T KEEP STUFF AROUND FOR YEARS "IN CASE IT COMES IN HANDY"! WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!
      you need to get out more, or calibrate your meds, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        you need to get out more, or calibrate your meds, mate.

wooaahAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

X8 home again jiggety jig.

Tea/dinner was the piece of M&S battered haddock that got defrosted and semi cooked in the microwave.

After a bit of frying it was nice enough.

Once the dishes were done I decided to mow the lawns since they're bone dry at the moment and there's rain forecast.

Since the idle **** next door is too idle to mow the front one, I mowed that, which takes about 5 minutes, compared with the hour or so to do my two, plus the bit onto the back road which hasn't been mown in weeks.

Knackered now.

The raspberry canes have now completely disappeared under the assault of the honeysuckle.

Had a nice chat with the chap two doors down the other way which lightened the mood a bit.

And now, after my cold shower, it's time to watch something, preferably something entertaining if possible, while I wait for the 2nd pass of washing to exit the TD.

Stone me I'm fecked, and not in a good way.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Since the idle **** next door is too idle to mow the front one, I mowed that, which takes about 5 minutes, compared with the hour or so to do my two, plus the bit onto the back road which hasn't been mown in weeks.

Knackered now.

Stone me I'm fecked, and not in a good way.
            so STOP DOING THE LAZY FECKER'S STUFF FOR HIM!

or stop whining about it.

you DO have a choice

chicken arabiata tagliatelle, in a burst of culinary frenzy.

rather pleasant.

i really should cook more often, - it's the cardiorenalapathy wot get's in the way.

Comment

The chicken stock I made yesterday has, upon cooling, solidified into a gelatinous mass

I'm not talking a bit gloopy, but a proper lump of jelly; you could serve the stuff with ice cream, and one of those fancy chefs probably would

I, however, am not a fancy chef, so half has gone into the chicken cacciatore that's now cooking, and the rest into the freezer

Comment

you could serve the stuff with ice cream, and one of those fancy chefs probably would
                ahh, that's wot 'appened to that jamie geezer then, eh?

chicken stock with ice cream sarnies

Comment

I, however, am not a fancy chef, so half has gone into the chicken cacciatore that's now cooking, and the rest into the freezer
                  The chicken cacciatore turned out very nice; it was accompanied by some more of those wedges I roasted yesterday, and petits pois

Still seems rather warm hereabouts, though slaving away in a hot kitchen probably hasn't helped

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    ahh, that's wot 'appened to that jamie geezer then, eh?

chicken stock with ice cream sarnies
                    Strange that there was no market for that

Comment

it's time to watch something, preferably something entertaining if possible
                      The epic chosen, mostly because it was 92 minutes long, was "Ultraviolet (2005)" with Milla Jovovich.

Ultraviolet (2006) - IMDb

Very odd.

Ok if you like 98% CGI, otherwise I'd give it a miss.

Yet another comic derived thing.

Ah, it's not actually derived from a comic, it's made to look as if it is.

Glad we've cleared that up, then.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 May 2019, 22:13.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X