• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents' Roomba broke down a few weeks ago. They had insurance or something for such matters, so it got sent off to see if it could be repaired. It couldn't, as it turned out, so they were offered some amount of money.

However, they were entitled to a new replacement under the terms of the policy, and the amount offered wouldn't cover the cost of an equivalent model, so they kicked up a fuss. They spoke to someone there, who agreed and promised to send out a new one.

The new one didn't arrive, so they phoned and spoke to someone else, who apparently had a pretty snotty attitude but said they'd look into it, then never phoned back.

So yesterday they phoned and spoke to yet another person, who apologised, and checked, and told them they'd definitely receive their new one today, delivered by AO.

At lunchtime today, a delivery chap from AO arrived… with three new Roombas

I've told them, if the company can't be bothered to come and collect the extra two, I'll have one of them

Comment

sausages, eggs and chips for dinner.
      comfort food.

still feel rough, though.

feck it.

where IS the doctor?

did he finish the interossitor and get whisked off to a parallel universe?

Comment

To the Chinese for dinner, and very nice it was as always

This evening's hypothesis for not being busy: Bank Holiday + half term = people gone away

Comment

A day of gardening, dog walking, and wine drinking.

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            A day of gardening, dog walking, and wine drinking.

TFBSZ
            I drank no wine, which means I am now struggling to find the land of nod.

I had intended a 6am swim. Guessing that's looking unlikely...

Comment

Still no word from the good doctor?

Tonight's entertainment started with The Mountain Between Us (2017), in which Kate Winslet and Idris Elba find themselves stranded high in the Rocky Mountains after the light aircraft they've chartered to circumvent an airline delay crashes. I thought this was excellent; no doubt the IMDb trivia and goofs sections are full of smartarses eager to point out that x couldn't happen, or that y would only occur when the temperature is so many degrees, but those people are sad and have no life. I think it's a really good story, and it doesn't matter if it wouldn't really happen that way, because it's a story not a documentary

And to follow, a rewatch of The Devil Wears Prada (2006), another excellent film: it has me laughing out loud for the first fifteen minutes or so, by which time I've been drawn into the story, which is great and also offers quite a few more laugh-out-loud moments throughout

And then S1E2 of Spiral to round things off. The French legal system seems extremely odd; this business of prosecutors turning up at crime scenes is a bit weird but presumably similar to the way American DAs get involved in things (cf The Wire), but that they all report to the judge who apparently tells them what and what not to investigate… how the hell can the judge decide on a case when he decided what should be investigated? It makes no sense at all

Still, that's the French for you, I suppose

Goodnight all
              Last edited by NickFitz; 26 May 2019, 03:48. Reason: Site crashed because of the links; had to come back later to get rid of the IMDb cruft thereon :-)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

At lunchtime today, a delivery chap from AO arrived… with three new Roombas

I've told them, if the company can't be bothered to come and collect the extra two, I'll have one of them
                  You'd best watch this weeks click, it’s a spy

Comment

Had to Google Roomba. How does a round cleaner do the corners?

PS Yer lazy sod!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Had to Google Roomba. How does a round cleaner do the corners?

PS Yer lazy sod!
                      And can it tidy?

A cleaner is definetly best.

Comment

Working...
                      X