• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Guess I’ll have to get them pics from Lloyds safety deposit box on Monday if this thread is still here
    It will be - Lloyds closed that branch and sent the safety deposit boxes to landfill

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture experience was Con Air (1997), which I don't think I've ever seen in its entirety before; I know I watched it on telly years ago, but I missed the beginning, or maybe the end, or possibly even the middle. Anyway, pretty violent stuff in parts - well, throughout, actually, but it all turns out OK (if extremely violently so) in the end

And then another rewatch of The Intern (2015), which I rewatched [checks TPD] only eight months ago. But it's a nice film, and I like it, so I rewatched it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Up early to release the hound. AKA Let the dog out of her crate, provide breakfast, open the back door so she can go in the garden and then stand clear while she makes a beeline for the bedroom to cuddle with MrsB for an hour.

Son and GF visiting for the weekend. Spent the day pottering around various Pubs in York which was fun, followed by copious amounts of curry from our local takeaway. MrsB managed to acquire a rather large sword at some point in the proceedings, which was duly dragged home on the train and will no doubt require me to find somewhere to hang it at some point.

More beer and assorted board games last night. Exploding Kittens being a particular success. Was going to try Carcassone but decided that none of us were in a fit state to read the rules by that point so reverted to Cards against Humanity.

Currently drinking coffee and listening to the positive symphony of snoring coming from up stairs.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That's Samuel Pepys' diary for 1661 done and dusted. On to 1662
            Reading the diary itself or one of the books about it?

If the former then Bryants Life of Samual Pepys is well worth reading alongside it. Not the best biography of Pepys from an academic view point but very well written, and entertaining to read. It explains a lot of the context around what Pepys was getting up to at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Here I am.

Jobless.

Should I try for Contribution Based dole?

Just askin' like.

In other news, got a glass tankard (unlike the silver plated or pewter ones from previous employments) which was very nice, £117 towards my new shed, and, unusually a bunch of roses.

The fun started with a potluck lunch, followed by adjournment to The Queens Hotel, followed by a further adjournment to a place in the Marina which stocks craft beers, some of which have remarkable strength, proper falling down stuff.

I subscribed to "Cwtch", which is 4.5% and stuck to halves, until it was time to catch the last X7 of the evening.

Now cooking the M&S battered haddock.

Yum.
              Congratulations DrS.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Damp.

Weather's unborked itself again.

What day is it?

We retired people find it difficult to tell.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tonight's first major motion picture experience was Con Air (1997), which I don't think I've ever seen in its entirety before; I know I watched it on telly years ago, but I missed the beginning, or maybe the end, or possibly even the middle. Anyway, pretty violent stuff in parts - well, throughout, actually, but it all turns out OK (if extremely violently so) in the end

And then another rewatch of The Intern (2015), which I rewatched [checks TPD] only eight months ago. But it's a nice film, and I like it, so I rewatched it

Goodnight all
                "Con Air" is an enjoyable romp.

I don't seem to rewatch films much, other than by mistake where I've rebought the damn thing and not realised.

In other news, damp has turned into precipitation.

The morning's excitement was him next door borrowing the key so he could take a gas meter reading.

<hiatus>

Is the "Intern" reference a gentle hint, like?
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 June 2019, 08:38.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

Comment

Sunday shop done & dusted.

Found an extra set of grinding/cutting discs for the NotAFeckingToy 2kW Lidl angle grinder.

Off out for lunch in a bit, so will probably be cooking the beef for tea/dinner a bit later on, like.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey but warm out. We might get some showers this afternoon - oh, wait, looking out the window I see we just had a light one

Comment

Working...
                      X