• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Shopping done, in the rain. Proper rain, too. None of this stuff that has you wondering if it should really be called "drizzle", nor a downpour that has you seeking an ark, but good, steady rain falling unremittingly from a lead-coloured sky

None of which had put off the old people from cluttering M&S. They're not so scared of the rain now as they were in the times when a brief exposure to it might trigger an ague that would carry them off

And the last of the magazines, at least for now, have embarked upon their journey into the future, where they will re-manifest as products made from over 70% recycled materials

Oh, and Southern-not-fried chicken thighs from Sainsbury's hot food counter for lunch
    It was pointed out in our local the other night that one good Flu epidemic could change the entire political landscape of the country.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It was pointed out in our local the other night that one good Flu epidemic could change the entire political landscape of the country.
      That's the kind of positive thinking we need

Comment

The Spanish variety would largely carry off the snowflakes.

I seem to recall that someone modified a mouse virus about 10 or 15 years ago to see what would happen.

The thing went from being 80% fatal to 100%.

Makes you think.

If not particularly positively.

To whit, this:

The mousepox experience
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 June 2019, 12:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And given the number of anti-vaxxers around, it could reduce classroom overcrowding too.

Where's the drawbacks?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Finally accepted that there's enough assorted loose crap cluttering the place that it needs to be contained pending a decision on its fate. So I popped over to the hardware shop opposite for a couple of the big plastic boxes that live on the pavement outside.

You'd think he'd be grateful to have two fewer things to move in and out of the shop every time he closes and opens, but no, I still had to pay for them

Comment

Finally accepted that there's enough assorted loose crap cluttering the place that it needs to be contained pending a decision on its fate. So I popped over to the hardware shop opposite for a couple of the big plastic boxes that live on the pavement outside.

You'd think he'd be grateful to have two fewer things to move in and out of the shop every time he closes and opens, but no, I still had to pay for them
              is his name Arkwright ????

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                is his name Arkwright ????
                Could be Mohammed Arkwright I suppose

Comment

Could be Mohammed Arkwright I suppose
                  or ali al-arkwright?

Comment

or ali al-arkwright?
                    or achmed bin ali al-arkwright ??

Comment

or achmed bin ali al-arkwright ??

That reminds me, I need to get a small bin for the living room. Wonder if he's got any stacked up out the front of the shop?

Comment

Working...
                      X