• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy day out there

Just taking a quick coffee break from getting the kitchen in order for the coming of the gas man for the annual safety checks. Surprising how much dirt a floor can pick up in a year

Comment

Morning all

A mostly dry walk, but lots of dark clouds.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

Currently sunny, and it was dry on the way down to the library.

Both WMs are in use, the shirts cycle completed and is in the TD.

My Saturdays, as ever, are a bundle of larfs.

<hiatus>

Time I moved before I seize up completely.

<hiatus>

Too late.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 June 2019, 10:06.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sant Llorenç de la Muga this morning.
          Now Barcelona en route to Madrid...

Quick exit...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

OK, it's now possible for the gas man to get to the water heater, the cooker, the wholly unnecessary gas fire in the kitchen, and the wholly necessary one in the living room; all without having to climb over, under, or around anything

Moving stuff so as to allow this means I now can't access the fridge, freezer, or food cupboards. I should have had something to eat before getting started

Might pop up to Greggs if he doesn't get here soon…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              OK, it's now possible for the gas man to get to the water heater, the cooker, the wholly unnecessary gas fire in the kitchen, and the wholly necessary one in the living room; all without having to climb over, under, or around anything

Moving stuff so as to allow this means I now can't access the fridge, freezer, or food cupboards. I should have had something to eat before getting started

Might pop up to Greggs if he doesn't get here soon…
              he shouldn't be there yet ...

YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                he shouldn't be there yet ...

YouTube

That's the one

He's been, and just gone. He was in here for maybe three minutes tops; some years he's very thorough and it all takes getting on for half-an-hour, but this is not one of those years

Comment

Greggs popped to. Did I get a steak bake? I did. Did I also get a sausage roll? I did, for it's the law that you have to get a sausage roll when at Greggs, unless they're still serving breakfast baguettes in which case you can get away with an extra sausage

Comment

Still raining, by the way. As I walked to Greggs I felt a moment of nostalgia for rainy Saturdays past when I'd walk into town to do the shopping. But then I realised it wasn't the rainy Saturdays I was nostalgic for, it was the sausages and bacon I used to get from Walker's pork butchers shop on Cheapside, of blessed memory

Comment

Was woken this morning by my hairdresser calling. I thought my appointment was at 10.30, turns out it was 9.30! Luckily the 328 bus goes from around the corner from my gaff and stops practically outside the salon. Was only 35 mins late. My stylist worked through her break to fit me in, which was very kind of her.

Popped into Balans for brunch afterwards. Poached eggs and avocado on toast washed down with a bloody mary.

Now getting several loads of washing done while I find other reasons not to revise for the OU exam I have to do on Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                      X