• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Not a single person's posted in Technical so far this month
    they're all Powerpoint Monkeys or Bullcrap Artists.

very few actual techies on here.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      they're all Powerpoint Monkeys or Bullcrap Artists.

very few actual techies on here.
      Death by Power BI for me

Comment

tonight's modest repast was a nicely marbled rare sirloin steak, with chips and peas.

by virtue of having a change of afternoon beer venue to the one next door to the best butcher for miles around.

very nice indeed.

Comment

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S battered haddock.

It really irritates me that it sticks like glue to the non stick frying pan I'm now using after consigning the previous one to recycling.

I suspect that the current frying pan had the tender mercies of Strangelove Mater involved in its early inception, thusly leading to the apparent loss of nonstickness now experienced.

Unlike the previous frying pan, the ring doesn't have to be turned up to 11, so I suspect it's been overheated at some time.

I may have to buy another.

Following this excitement I lit a nice bonfire & smoked the neighbourhood out, after which I stank of smoke.

After a shower, I still seem to stink of smoke but it'll have to wear off on its own.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea, and very nice too

Still raining off and on, though I think more on than off

Comment

This evening's entertainment began with 17 minutes of "The Prestige" which was supplanted by "The Double (2011)" with Richard Gere.

The Double (2011) - IMDb

As it transpires I'd seen some of it before on tv.

It was ok in a fairly confusing sort of way.

One of my few blurays.

Decided to wash the overalls and jeans and shirt due to the stink but the Logik machine on express hasn't done much of a job and the TD wanted another hour to dry the damn things which it didn't get since I'm going to bed & don't want to listen to it singing its song of completion at 01:00.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 June 2019, 22:44.

Comment

Tonight's main feature was Boiler Room (2000), which was OK; not as much fun as The Wolf of Wall Street, which covers similar ground, but a solid enough story.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Decided to wash the overalls and jeans and shirt due to the stink but the Logik machine on express hasn't done much of a job and the TD wanted another hour to dry the damn things which it didn't get since I'm going to bed & don't want to listen to it singing its song of completion at 01:00.
                    After air drying overnight, the overalls & jeans are back in the TD, with an expected exit of about 09:15, being about 30 minutes after I put them back in.

This is, of course, completely illusory since the damn thing comes up with seemingly random times to completion depending on its mood at that moment.

Morning.

Grey.

No current precipitation.

Sunless.

Notsowindy.

Slightly warmer side of unexpectedly coolish.

Still November.

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X