• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dank.

Wet.

Sunless.

November again.

Last night's sleep was improved no end by some random drip onto the front bedroom ceiling.

Never had that before, I suppose some slate or other has shifted and the rain must have been coming down at the correct angle to get in.

More expense.

WTF do I find a reliable roofer from?
    You have my sympathy - we had to get someone out twice last autumn to sort out a leak over our bedroom ceiling. When we removed the built-in wardrobes in that corner there was a big black mark on the ceiling, so heaven knows how long it'd been happening.

We currently have one annoyingly dripping gutter next to the front room window and one overflowing round the back. Long ladder and patience needed I suspect.

Comment

Tooth update: drinking alcohol seems to set it off something chronic, so that's off the menu until the final work is done

Comment

Morning all

ClientCo called at 2am with an urgent issue.
        Ker-ching!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Still raining, lots

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Still raining, lots
            WNFS.

Damply in with the hoi polloi.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Tooth update: drinking alcohol seems to set it off something chronic, so that's off the menu until the final work is done
              That's harsh. You'd think alcohol would numb the pain.

Hope you get it fixed soon

Comment

Looking on Amazon for Fathers Day cards. A surprising number of the ones on offer can't be delivered until the middle of next week

Comment

afternoon.

still hissing dahn.

and king billy.

miserable.

the old trouble's kicked in again.

Comment

Lunchtime.

The Morrisons pork pie (reduced) this lunch time wasn't an individual one, so I had to cut a nice slice out of it.

Along with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons seeded bread (reduced).

Followed by a prune yoghurt.

Yum.

And now for the ibuprofen chaser with two mugs (1.05 pints) of Glengettie tea.

It was dry on the walk back from town but the deluge has returned unbidden.

Ho hum.

Must get the bags of mortar* out of the car before it sets solid in the damp.

*To be clear, that's cement based mortar from B&Q rather than any other kind of mortar.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 June 2019, 11:33.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Looking on Amazon for Fathers Day cards. A surprising number of the ones on offer can't be delivered until the middle of next week
                      I tend to use Scribbler, they can deliver quite quickly although you are cutting it a bit fine

Comment

Working...
                      X