• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not raining, and there's even been a modicum of sunlight

Comment

Tonight's tea has been the rest of the other day's slow-cooked pot roast. The remaining wine-based stock, which I left in a jug in the fridge, had formed a layer of solid fat about a centimetre thick on top. So I lifted that off in one piece, and used to to roast some spuds - I chopped them up very small too, for maximum crunchiness, and that worked very well. A few petits pois, gravy with the rest of the stock, and it all turned out wonderfully nice

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Oh, - yeh!
        'course it is guv.
        stands to reason dunnit?

Still on the clock but now back at the hotel early, half way through a pint of I&G Session IPA
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And just remembered to nip up to the locker and get the Father's Day card; and to look it up and confirm that is the commonly accepted placement of the apostrophe in that phrase, though in principle it could work without any apostrophe at all

Comment

Now back from the pub.

Either my jaw is getting better or only certain kinds of alcohol (spirits?) set it off. Scientific testing of the beer in the VAT and Fiddle has resulted in no pain.

Comment

Having watched the thing on 5, it was onwards to "The Good Place" on E4.

Which was amusing enough.

During the advert breaks I finished reading "The Abolition of Britain" and moved on to "Hitler's Secret Weapons of Mass Destruction The Nazi lan for final victory" by Michael Fitzgerald.

This gentleman seem to confuse Uranium and Plutonium, and reckons that those nasty Nazis managed to fission 100gm of something or other which would be a neat trick if you can do it.

I'm not sure I'd recommend this tome to anyone who doesn't watch the alien programmes on "Blaze".

Utter tosh and badly researched tosh at that.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-Sec.../dp/1788887573

I'm amazed there's no reference to red mercury in there too.

Now watching The Smithsonian channel which is allegedly going to show us The First Computer.

Fair enough, a mention of the Bombe.

Followed by a salesman's kit for the IBM 360.

The Imsai 8080, a paper tape, and photos of Mr Gates and Jobs.

And lastly the Apple Newton.

Now we're on to ancient Septic tv sets.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 June 2019, 22:32.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's film was Jurassic Park III (2001), in which there's more of the same; so lacking is it in anything to distinguish it from its predecessors, in fact, that they couldn't even think of anything to add to the title other than "III". But it's OK for what it is, and at least it isn't too long

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  Strike at Weegie airport today, I wonder what time I’ll get home.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh goody. After the death of my brother in Feb now my brother-out-law is dead. My sister found him collapased on the floor last night.

He was only 62.

I thought he lived a fairly healthy lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Ommmmm
                      Century

Comment

Working...
                      X