• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can make a nice bread pudding out of stale croissants.

My lunch today is spinach and feta pie, mustard mash and roasted carrots from the office canteen. They do half portions so it's not of a size that will put me in a food coma and only costs £2.16. Bargain

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      You can make a nice bread pudding out of stale croissants.

My lunch today is spinach and feta pie, mustard mash and roasted carrots from the office canteen. They do half portions so it's not of a size that will put me in a food coma and only costs £2.16. Bargain
      not the IR35 canteen??

Comment

Fish chips and mushy peas from the canteen and very nice it was too..

think this afternoon will mainly consist of trying not to fall asleep

Comment

Got sunny out there a few minutes ago

Back to normal now though

I've just created 29 separate issues on GitHub for this project. But they're just "Discussion about {thing}" with a link to {thing}, while {thing} itself includes a "Discuss this" link back to the issue, creating something of a chicken and egg problem.

But I knocked together a quick Django app to make it easier to edit this stuff without getting lost in a humongous document, so I just created the issues, added their numbers to the {thing}s in the database, regenerated the HTML and committed it. The only difference in the markup is the GitHub issue numbers appearing in the former placeholder links, so once the pull request is merged, it'll all tie together

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Got sunny out there a few minutes ago

Back to normal now though

I've just created 29 separate issues on GitHub for this project. But they're just "Discussion about {thing}" with a link to {thing}, while {thing} itself includes a "Discuss this" link back to the issue, creating something of a chicken and egg problem.

But I knocked together a quick Django app to make it easier to edit this stuff without getting lost in a humongous document, so I just created the issues, added their numbers to the {thing}s in the database, regenerated the HTML and committed it. The only difference in the markup is the GitHub issue numbers appearing in the former placeholder links, so once the pull request is merged, it'll all tie together
            like the weegie dictionary entry for bampot - see balloon
            balloon - see eejit
            eejit - see bampot.

as for django, i take it its nowt to do with menneer reinhardt ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              as for django, i take it its nowt to do with menneer reinhardt ??
              It's named after him, because one of the creators is a fan: Django (web framework) - Wikipedia

Comment

Having been busy with work this afternoon, I need to do the shopping this evening. The traffic outside is still in tail-end-of-rush-hour mode so I'll give it another twenty minutes or so

Comment

Having been busy with work this afternoon, I need to do the shopping this evening. The traffic outside is still in tail-end-of-rush-hour mode so I'll give it another twenty minutes or so
                  I did my shopping today.
                  it's being delivered tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    I did my shopping today.
                    it's being delivered tomorrow.
                    It's about my only reason to get out of the house at the moment

Comment

It's about my only reason to get out of the house at the moment
                      no pubs up your way, then?

Comment

Working...
                      X