• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    no pubs up your way, then?
    Most of the decent ones are gone now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Most of the decent ones are gone now

i'd have to move, if it were me.

Comment

Ye Sloughe of Desponde is featured on the BBC Wales News.

Oh Dear (tm).

University of Wales Trinity Saint David faces 'financial uncertainties' - BBC News

Well there's a thing then.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2019, 21:04.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Ye Sloughe of Desponde is featured on the BBC Wales News.

Oh Dear (tm).

University of Wales Trinity Saint David faces 'financial uncertainties' - BBC News

Well there's a thing then.
          Place is going to pot with you gone

I didn't get around to having any lunch, meaning I had lots of calories in reserve on MyFitnessPal. So I expended them wisely on tea: chips, sausages, bacon, egg, and beans. Lovely stuff

Comment

Tonight's opening feature was one of those films one is supposed to have seen, but which I never had: The Shawshank Redemption (1994). Very good I thought (thereby confirming the opinion of the rest of the world), if a bit lacking in flying saucers and giant apes.

And then I watched Speed (1994) again, even though it probably isn't that long since I last watched it, because there's never any good reason not to watch it

Goodnight all

Comment

Tonight's opening feature was one of those films one is supposed to have seen, but which I never had: The Shawshank Redemption (1994). Very good I thought (thereby confirming the opinion of the rest of the world), if a bit lacking in flying saucers and giant apes.
              I've never watched it too, though a copy resides somewhere in one of the enormous piles of unwatched epics.

Spent much of the evening reading more of that ridiculous Nazi Weapons book.

The earlier chapters are rather more grounded in reality than the nuke and bell tosh.

Morning.

Dry. As in no current precipitation.

Damp.

Surprisingly sunny.

Not exactly warm.

Comment

The Shawshank Redemption was one of best films ever IMO.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

morning

quite pleasant this morning

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly overcast but mild out there today

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I've never watched it too, though a copy resides somewhere in one of the enormous piles of unwatched epics.
                    It's well worth a watch when you're in the right mood, i.e. not in need of explosions, car chases, monsters etc.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    The Shawshank Redemption was one of best films ever IMO.
                    See, Xog says so too

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly overcast but mild out there today

It's well worth a watch when you're in the right mood, i.e. not in need of explosions, car chases, monsters etc.

See, Xog says so too

I bought a Steve Austin epic this morning.

It's probably more in line with my current needs.

Meanwhile the shirts have been done, the denim pass is in the TD, and the cottons are waitiing to go out on the line.

Or more likely, to go in the TD in due course.

Some on the line, while the bath towel & hand towel are in the TD since they tend to resemble sandpaper if dried on the line.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 June 2019, 12:25.

Comment

Working...
                      X