• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausages in rolls for lunch

The weather thing says "showers", and the back yard does appear damp so there must have been one. But it seems the main ones aren't due till teatime.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Sausages in rolls for lunch

The weather thing says "showers", and the back yard does appear damp so there must have been one. But it seems the main ones aren't due till teatime.
      Sunny here.

Everything out of the TD.

Roller towel still on the line since it doesn't much mater how harsh that gets, not that it gets harsh anyway.

I'm about to go down the garden to see if I can make a start on the pigsty project.

I may be some time.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Sunny here.

I'm about to go down the garden to see if I can make a start on the pigsty project.

I may be some time.
        In fact, as long as that.

Much moving of tin sheets and accumulated weeds and such like, plus some kindling that I'd obviously put there many years ago and completely forgotten about.

There's a metal dustbin which will replace the now defunct incinerator which has finally reached the stage of falling to bits.

There's a 25 litre drum part full of "something" that I've not investigated too thoroughly.

And there seems to be a fair amount of sand, presumably building sand, that might do to lighten the lawn and discourage the moss a bit.

The brick walls of said pig sties seem to be standing up ok but building them up another 3 feet will be interesting from the looks of it.

Other than that it's a lovely sunny afternoon apart from listening to Weekend Woman's Hour with their usual jolly subjects of conversation.

Her Next Door has been called away as her mother has had a suspected heart attack.

I have no idea if the brave little soldier has gone with her to offer moral support or whether he's doing his usual thing of wandering about in his dressing gown coz he's so tired.

Comment

Sunny here too now; everything outside is still pretty soggy from a number of heavy showers earlier, but it's quite mild and pleasant out there

These facts determined during an amble up to the Amazon Locker, to collect the new Dylan 14-CD box set of Rolling Thunder Revue material

Comment

Stone me, you must be his number one fan.

Have I mentioned that lunch was a Ginsters Cornish Pasty (reduced) with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons Pumpkin seeded bread (reduced).

Tea/dinner was some of that chili spag bol that I made a week or so ago.

Fortunately it was bol rather than chili con carne which is also infesting the freezer from early this week.

Must remember to buy more spag on tomorrow's shopping trip.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Stone me, you must be his number one fan.
              Stiff competition for that title, including Professor Sir Christopher Ricks, with whom I had a chat about bootlegs during a break in a talk on Dylan that he gave at my university one evening in 1981

Comment

This evening's first feature is "The Stranger (2010)" with Steve Austin, Erica Cerra, and Adam Beach:

The Stranger (Video 2010) - IMDb

It's mildly entertaining in a mildly senselessly violent sort of way.

Not to be confused with the 1946 film of the same name.

In other news, the sun's gone in and it's 10 10ths cloud cover and looking decidedly black cloud cover at that.

The weather's unborked itself again.

The evening's 2nd feature is "Street Kings 2: Motor City (2011)" with Ray Liotta.

Street Kings 2: Motor City (Video 2011) - IMDb

It's a tad confusing working out who the feck is who.

It was ok in its way.

It was the 2nd part of a box set, of which I watched the first part on another dvd some months ago as is only right and proper.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 June 2019, 22:21.

Comment

Realised late yesterday evening that my MOT expires on the 24th. Called my local Nissan garage to book the old jalopy in for her annual service and MOT only to discover their service bays are out of action until the end of July!

Called the garage up the road, they had room this very day. Fine excuse for breakfast in Notting Hill and a mooch around the farmer's market. Bought some salad veggies to grow in my patio, a chilli plant and herbs.

Car passed its MOT with no advisories, not bad for a 15 year old.

Home to plant up my purchases and got it done just before it started raining again.

Comment

To the Chinese for tea, just for a change, and very nice it was

They apparently weren't busy; there was a haphazard conjecture about something to do with Father's Day offered to explain this, but even she seemed to realise that this one was pretty weak

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Car passed its MOT with no advisories, not bad for a 15 year old.

Comment

Working...
                      X