• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's first big feature was Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), in which humans try to kill Terminators, Terminators try to kill humans, and everybody tries to kill everybody really. This one is admittedly a bit weaker than the first two in various ways, but to its credit it has a female Terminator, proving that the machines have no time for stereotypical gender roles. I thought it was OK if you like this kind of stuff

And to follow, a rewatch of Nikita (1990) - the Besson original, though IMDb's search facility tells me there's an American remake, which is presumably dreadful, being Not French. Good stuff, and so decidedly French in many important respects that only a fool, or a "studio executive" to use the technical term, could ever imagine that a Hollywood remake might work

Goodnight all

Comment

Used a free dating site about 3 years ago, not bothered with it since. Suddenly I'm getting deluged with emails that somebody has viewed my profile, including 20 year-olds and ladies from New York! Dunno why.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's first big feature was Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), in which humans try to kill Terminators, Terminators try to kill humans, and everybody tries to kill everybody really. This one is admittedly a bit weaker than the first two in various ways, but to its credit it has a female Terminator, proving that the machines have no time for stereotypical gender roles. I thought it was OK if you like this kind of stuff

And to follow, a rewatch of Nikita (1990) - the Besson original, though IMDb's search facility tells me there's an American remake, which is presumably dreadful, being Not French. Good stuff, and so decidedly French in many important respects that only a fool, or a "studio executive" to use the technical term, could ever imagine that a Hollywood remake might work

Goodnight all
        Ah before the Terminator transmogrified into the Governator.

I remember it well.

Not sure if I've seen Nikita or the remake. I've certainly seen something in that genre with subtitles and such like, the French with subtitles being infinitely better than the dubbed Septic.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Windy.

The weather's unborked itself again.

Looks like a good day for a bonfire.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Used a free dating site about 3 years ago, not bothered with it since. Suddenly I'm getting deluged with emails that somebody has viewed my profile, including 20 year-olds and ladies from New York! Dunno why.
          Are you still hanging out with your religious lady friend?

Comment

Are you still hanging out with your religious lady friend?
            Yeh. Can't find one who's a bit more evil unfortunately.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The beef it is aroasting.

Turned out to be some I bought from Morrisons (reduced) rather than the other half of the piece I bought a fortnight ago from the butcher.

The vac has been pushed around the house taking up the dirt from the bits of carpet that are visible without moving stuff.

I moved some stuff in the lean-to to irritate the spiders a bit and get rid of yet more filth.

The morning's amusement, such as it was, consisted of vaccing a pair of epaulettes that just "happened" be on the floor in what was the "office".

The vac made A Very Funny Noise and I switched it off quickly.

The extraction process thereafter required the use of some long nose pliers (Lidl(tm), very probably unreduced) to successfully remove one said epaulette from the suction tube, the other being rather more readily accessible stuck in the brush.

The temptation to sell this house & move away from the relatives is growing ever stronger.

There's a nice looking (aren't they all?) 3 story 4 bedroom place for sale up the road a bit.

I might go & have a look at the place this week.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

There's been sunny spells but it's clouding over now. Likely to be some showers soon, apparently

Comment

Child#3 is home. Apparently the wifi at his student house got cut off on Friday. He came home yesterday.

Wondering how soon I can start nagging him to get a job!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

There's been sunny spells but it's clouding over now. Likely to be some showers soon, apparently
                    Was hammering down.

Then sunny.

Now grey.

Windy.

The roast beef was ok.

Dishes half done, now drinking the first of my 0.525 pints of Glengettie tea.

It is Very Nice.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Child#3 is home. Apparently the wifi at his student house got cut off on Friday. He came home yesterday.

Wondering how soon I can start nagging him to get a job!
                    Final year?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      No need for an eviction notice nowadays, just cut off the Internet and watch them flee

Comment

Working...
                      X