• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I may have to hand in my mod badge because I've had to correct you.
    or be promoted to milk monitor

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And to follow, a rewatch of Nikita (1990) - the Besson original, though IMDb's search facility tells me there's an American remake, which is presumably dreadful, being Not French. Good stuff, and so decidedly French in many important respects that only a fool, or a "studio executive" to use the technical term, could ever imagine that a Hollywood remake might work
      Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Not sure if I've seen Nikita or the remake. I've certainly seen something in that genre with subtitles and such like, the French with subtitles being infinitely better than the dubbed Septic.
      Well I have, the dvd is carefully filed in a pile upstairs amongst the myriad of dvds I've watched, which is not quite as extensive as the myriad of dvds that I haven't watched.

Still watching the commentary on "Once Upon A Time In The West", which is hardly surprising for a film that's cut to 2hrs 38mins.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I may have to hand in my mod badge because I've had to correct you.
        Which has led to me finding a few bonus links on the subject to post downthread, so a good thing in the end

Comment

Sad news on Friday when Ozzy (named after Ozzy Ardiles because she had big Spurs), has "joined the bleedin' choir invisible".

She was close to 5 years old, so lived 3x longer than she would have had we not rescued her.
          She went through the henopause a few months back and stopped laying, but last week she went blind and stopped eating.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sad news on Friday when Ozzy (named after Ozzy Ardiles because she had big Spurs), has "joined the bleedin' choir invisible".

She was close to 5 years old, so lived 3x longer than she would have had we not rescued her.
            She went through the henopause a few months back and stopped laying, but last week she went blind and stopped eating.

Comment

Just found that although I put laundry and detergent in the washing machine and selected the appropriate program about three hours ago, I didn't actually start it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just found that although I put laundry and detergent in the washing machine and selected the appropriate program about three hours ago, I didn't actually start it
                Ah, it must be about time for some light refreshment....

Comment

Bacon bap (wholemeal) for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Still watching the commentary on "Once Upon A Time In The West", which is hardly surprising for a film that's cut to 2hrs 38mins.
                    And that's it done & dusted, the commentary watched & all the stuff on the 2nd dvd of the collector's edition.

Feck me it took a while.

But then, without Jeremy Kyle what are we retired persons supposed to do with ourselves?

Oh, lunch was the last of the Ginsters Cornish pasties with heinz bkaed beans on Morrisons seeded toast.

Living the dream as ever.

I think I'll do the beef carrots & onions thing this evening.

It must be said that I found OUATITW much more satisfying this time around than I remember finding it half a century ago.

I have a copy of "Once Upon A Time In America" on the shelf but I don't think I have "A Fistful of Dynamite".

<hiatus>

For those interested, apparently the Smithsonian Channel has stuff about the path to Apollo this evening at 20:00.

Tea/dinner was, as predicted, beef with carrots and onions.

It was very nice.

<hiatus>

The Apollo thing starts with Sputnik and the first less than successful Septic launches.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 June 2019, 19:12.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More map stuff going on

Comment

Working...
                      X