• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercury 7 now.

God speed, John Glenn
    The Vomit Comet.

Mercury One.

Now Ham the chimp.

Yuri Gagarin.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 June 2019, 19:28.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Took bin full of lawn cuttings from a few days ago to garden waste recycling and was amazed to find it was really warm. Apparently compost can get up to 77 degrees C, I never knew that. I'm going to cover my carpet in compost come the winter to save on heating oil.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PBS is now showing a series of interviews of old soldiers from WWI, interviewed for the 1960s BBC programme "The Great War".

The Great War (TV Series 1964) - IMDb
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 June 2019, 22:23.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

It's quite mild out, and not too cloudy; very nice sunset earlier, judging by the bits I saw

Still got the weather warnings for thunderstorms over the next couple of days though

Comment

Tonight's TV was the first two episodes of S2 of Spiral/Engrenages

I manage to pick out the odd word or even phrase from the remnants of my O Level French, at which I was apparently so good that my French teacher thought I should do it at A Level. But there's something about the French language that has always grated on me, so I'll stick with the subtitles

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Slightly overcast but quite pleasant out.

9 more billable days till I get to sit on the garden bench

Yeah, I know, where have you heard that one before? No, seriously, this time I'm taking > 1 month off.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Kind of sunny in Manchester.

Happy Tuesdays.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dry.

I may get the strimmer out later to do some much needed strimming.

My wildlife garden is becoming a jungle.

And there may be some raspberries and gooseberries to pick.

<interstitial pause or hiatus>

Not in with the hoi polloi, rather down in the main library (ab)using the pcs intended for the differently able.

It's very quiet down here.

Upstairs half the pcs are booked for some introduction to tech course or other.

I may sign up.

Maybe it would explain the interweb to me in words I can understand.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 June 2019, 09:34.

Comment

Morning denizens

A bit overcast but generally pleasant enough out this morning

We still have the thunderstorm warning, though the forecast on the phone just mutters about showers in the evening, so who knows

Comment

Bulk collection organised.

Naturally enough, the crap is next door, as might well be expected.

Dunno where the brave little soldier is, presumably in "work".

His Mrs has the day off on Tuesdays so I saw her wandering down to town when I was sat waiting in the civic centre.

I was admiring the way his hayfield is developing.

The bees are really keen on the flowers on the clover, so at least some good is coming of it.

Got phoned up from my ex-"work" about the correct address I live at for the pensions people.

I had corrected it but they phoned up to check it was right, just in case.

Lunch was a small tin of Heinz(tm) beef ravioli on Morrisons seeded brown bread, which was nice enough if you like that sort of thing.

It was a good deal nicer than the little tin of macaroni in cheese sauce I had a couple of days ago.

Living the dream, just living the dream.

Met a chap I was in skool with half a century ago.

He spent his life working for the council so has a gold plated pension and retired at 60.

Not that I'm jealous of course.

In other news I had that lovely feeling that "things" are crawling all over me last night.

I wouldn't mind if I was a speed freak, but hey! lets not be too judgemental about it.

Trouble is, sometimes there really are things crawling on you, such as that damn moneyspider the other day.

<hiatus>

So there's some nice raspberries picked, currently being gently stewed for consumption with custard later on.

And, of course, it's not dry any more, it's fecking raining again, with those big languid drops of rain, sort of half hearted, can't be arsed to really get down to it, type of rain.

No old women & sticks in this lot.

And her next door informed me that the niece and her squeeze will be meeting us for a meal tonight in Charley's.

The excitement is palpable.

Not.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 June 2019, 13:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X