• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausages in soft white rolls for lunch. Very nice

Getting rather grey out there, though not actually raining yet

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      9 more billable days till I get to sit on the garden bench

Yeah, I know, where have you heard that one before? No, seriously, this time I'm taking > 1 month off.
      Liar!

One month extension.

Where's the banana skins?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Liar!

One month extension.

Where's the banana skins?
        I suppose…

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          And, of course, it's not dry any more, it's fecking raining again, with those big languid drops of rain, sort of half hearted, can't be arsed to really get down to it, type of rain.

No old women & sticks in this lot.
          It rained half heartedly all afternoon.

I ignored it and shifted a couple of tons of what looked like it might have been building sand many years ago.

Now there's a large tump of sand/soil/something unidentifiable in the bit of the "wildlife" garden that's not growing anything.

I suspect that not much is going to grow on that lot.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            And her next door informed me that the niece and her squeeze will be meeting us for a meal tonight in Charley's.
            As it's Tuesday, should somebody call Charley's and tell them to pop round to M&S for some breaded haddock?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              As it's Tuesday, should somebody call Charley's and tell them to pop round to M&S for some breaded haddock?
              Good idea!

I wonder if I should inform the idle pair that I've booked a collection of their unwanted crap on July 1st.

In particular, the stuff is too big & heavy for me to move on my own.

Oh well I suppose I'd better wander off.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 June 2019, 17:05.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all Slightly overcast but quite pleasant out.

9 more billable days till I get to sit on the garden bench

Yeah, I know, where have you heard that one before? No, seriously, this time I'm taking > 1 month off.
                I have 7 left before I warm my bench. Perhaps then I can choose a kitchen...?

My braai is burning 7 X 7 for every cooked meal. I better book myself in for a Cholesterol GTX check.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Actually did a good deed today. Driving home and stopped when I saw a parcel lying in the middle of the road. Delivered it as the address was close by.

Will have to spend 2 hours swearing to appease my lord Satan.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just cleaned the deep fat fryer, which was desperately in need of an oil change. But I won't be using it this evening, so I'll leave it until tomorrow before refilling it. This also gives it a chance to dry out thoroughly, thus preventing those unexpected pops as a droplet of water trapped in the oil explodes as it heats up for the first time.

The rain has been, and has now stopped, and is expected to resume some time overnight. Still no thunderstorms, but we live in hope…

Comment

Chicken dhansak out of the freezer for tea, with the usual rice and naan; very tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X