• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice evening repast of pork chops, chips, peas, and gravy

The chips came out particularly well due to the new oil

Comment

And tonight's telly was much the same as last night: Russian convicts whilst eating, then later a further episode of S2 of Spiral/Engrenages.

Quite tired today, which I suspect is due to leaving the curtains open enough to let some light in this morning, which duly woke me at 4:15am and stopped me getting back to sleep properly afterwards. I'm keeping the curtains shut tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skies and sunshine here, which makes a difference from last night's deluge. At one point a guy called Noah rang our door bell, he had a male springer spaniel with him, and was asking if he could take Millie.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Becoming rather sunny and Simpsonesque out

Keeping the curtains firmly shut worked: I slept like a log for nearly eight hours before waking feeling thoroughly refreshed

Comment

Morning all

Sunny n cloudy in Manchester today.

Someone is leaving so we are having an 'off site' meeting from 3.30 - think we will be doing a tapas bar (probably this one Tapas & Spanish Restaurant - Northern Quarter | Evuna)

Have a great day now.

Comment

Morning all.

Vaguely sunny.

Currently suffering from something or other I ate yesterday.

Probably the gooseberries I ate off the bushes, and even more probably the pretty unpleasant gooseberry crumble made by the next door neighbour.

Had the gripes for much of the night and I got up at about half 8 & have been dozing in my armchair ever since until some oik phoned up wanting to professionally clean the oven.

The griping seems to have passed a bit now, which is good.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A few little breaded chicken bits and a bag of crisps for lunch

Keeps clouding over out there, then brightening up again. Not sure if this will lead to any showers, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Morning all.

Vaguely sunny.

Currently suffering from something or other I ate yesterday.

Probably the gooseberries I ate off the bushes, and even more probably the pretty unpleasant gooseberry crumble made by the next door neighbour.

Had the gripes for much of the night and I got up at about half 8 & have been dozing in my armchair ever since until some oik phoned up wanting to professionally clean the oven.

The griping seems to have passed a bit now, which is good.
                  Get well soon! <- manly

Comment

Sausage sandwich for lunch.

Australia v Bangladesh on TMS.

And a bit of overhead cloud.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Get well soon! <- manly
                      Well enough now to stagger down to the library so in with the hoi polloi.

Haven't eaten anything since half past eight last night, to whit: gooseberry crumble from her next door.

Which is, I suspect, the cause of some of the trouble today.

Says he ungratefully.

<hiatus>

My mate emailed to ask if he could pick up an old door I'd remembered that I had.

Which led to a brisk walk back from the library and a less brisk 20 minute wait for him to arrive.

Door is now gone, which is yet another piece of crap I won't have to get rid of.

Breakfast today has turned out to be scrambled egg on Morrisons Ancient Grain thick slice toast.

Followed by the appropriate 1.05 pints of Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Today's book, aside from the one about The Black Death, is "Blood Red Snow" by Gunter K. Korschorrek, being another account of how much fun it was on The Eastern Front, though this guy wasn't in the Waffen SS.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Red-S...gateway&sr=8-1
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 June 2019, 17:29.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X