• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast beef bap (wholemeal) for lunch, using that leftover roast beef I sliced and froze months ago

Only a couple more lunches to come out of that joint now, but it's turned out to have been quite a bargain

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      <proud mummy mode>Wee boy got his degree result today. Got a first. </proud mummy mode>
      That's fab! Congrats to MS jnr

Comment

Afternoon folks.

Had a fun evening at Taste of London yesterday. Many people (ok, about 5) were impressed by me bringing a couple of Tupperware boxes to stash dishes for today's lunch. My chosen takeaway foodstuffs were from Brigadiers - tandoori mixed grill, spicy chicken wings, and a wagu beef wrap. Yum!

Day started off clear and sunny, now a bit overcast.

Checked my new bench cushion fitted and then the caretaker came out to water plants and didn't notice it was there until it too late. Fortunately, I had purchased a water resistant number - the Amazon reviews said water would ingress via the buttons and they were right, it will definitely if not wiped down. Got the water off easily enough and brought it indoors to dry before it rains again. Must put the cover back on my bench.

It's been a busy week at work but have just finished all priority deliverables so I'm going to chill for the afternoon.

Comment

And Netflix?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            <- lizardly. Let's hope you don't spend the afternoon regretting that lunch.
            It's still rumbling a bit, but the egg is repeating a tad.

Odd since yesterday's scramble was tolerated quite well.

Kitchen now looks as if I've just butchered a pig and all I've done is stew some freshly picked raspberries.

The sheets are on the line, blowing in the wind, while the shirts are done at 15:00 according to the Miele.

I might do the coloureds/denim next, and leave the cottons for tomorrow (I don't put the cottons in with the bedsheets for some unknown reason, probably so it doesn't overload the WM I suppose, though it's supposed to cope with 8kg).
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And back to sun. CovPuss I is enjoying sitting in it on the windowsill.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                And Netflix?
                I don't have a subscription

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I don't have a subscription
                  That makes two of us then.

Shirts now in the TD.

Coloureds in the WM with the jeans.

The excitement of my life knows few bounds.

The sheets are almost dry on the line.

And no one has lit a bonfire.

Yet.

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  And back to sun. CovPuss I is enjoying sitting in it on the windowsill.
                  You can't beat some sun and a nice windowsill.

Just had a phone call that said "Goodbye" which was very pleasant of it.

And the robot voice sounded like it was from the UK which was even more of a pleasant surprise.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 June 2019, 14:25.

Comment

Fresh sheets are so nice. I'd change mine every day if could be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Fresh sheets are so nice. I'd change mine every day if could be bothered

Comment

Working...
                      X