• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

Warm, sunny day out there; quite Simpsonesque in appearance

You know it makes sense

CBS earlier, now clouding over and a bit cooler.

There's some kind of "fun day" thing on over the road on the Forest, meaning that I have the boom of bass from their acts if I want the window open.

Both CovKids are asleep having spent the morning being irritating little tulips.

Comment

Applewood smoked bacon and nicely seasoned chipolatas in a large bap (white) for lunch; sauce: red

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        It must be said that I found OUATITW much more satisfying this time around than I remember finding it half a century ago.

I have a copy of "Once Upon A Time In America" on the shelf but I don't think I have "A Fistful of Dynamite".
        Well I thunk wrong coz I just found the dvd in one of the piles in the so called office in the front room.

Stone me, it's all of 2hrs 27mins long.
        Stone me again, I've had to pause it after an hour and a quarter.

I've not seen this one before and in typical style it's never fecking ending.

A Fistful of Dynamite (1971) - IMDb

And while I rather like James Coburn I've never been a fan of Rod Steiger though he was quite good in "Hennesy (1975)" which, oddly enough, I've never seen since it appeared in some cinema or other in Swansea back in the day. Funny that.

Hennessy (1975) - IMDb

And IIRC there weren't many of us in the audience that day.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 June 2019, 15:54.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Pleasingly palindromic

Comment

Changed the bed. Need a rest now; it's too warm for such extreme levels of exertion

Comment

Stone me again, I've had to pause it after an hour and a quarter.

I've not seen this one before and in typical style it's never fecking ending.

A Fistful of Dynamite (1971) - IMDb

And while I rather like James Coburn I've never been a fan of Rod Steiger though he was quite good in "Hennesy (1975)" which, oddly enough, I've never seen since it appeared in some cinema or other in Swansea back in the day. Funny that.

Hennessy (1975) - IMDb

Stone me, now that's a film that could use an intermission, brief hiatus, or interstitial moment or two.

Which I had when I ate my tea.

Tea/dinner this evening was some of the chili con carne that I made last week & froze the remainder of.

It was nice enough & provided a much needed pause or interstitial hiatus in the glories of the Pancho Villa Mexican Revolution.

A good film but by jingo it don't half go on a bit.

Some may be offended by the IRA related theme.

Re the Hennesy thing:

The movie had a difficult time getting shown in England.

When the movie was first submitted to the British movie review board, it was rejected because it appeared that Queen Elizabeth II was acting in the movie.

Producer Samuel Z. Arkoff managed to get the board's approval by adding a disclaimer at the beginning of the movie stating that the Royal Family had not participated in the making of the movie and that Queen Elizabeth's appearance was done using newsreel footage.

Then English distributor EMI, which was the distributor of Arkoff's movies in England, stated to the press that that they were "a defender of the palace" and refused to handle the movie.

The J. Arthur Rank Organisation, the other major movie distributor in England, also joined the boycott for the same reason.

Ultimately, the movie only played in a few theaters in England.
                Which begs the question of where & when I saw it back in the 70s.

The Carlton Cinema on Oxford St. springs to mind.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 June 2019, 18:09.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Evening all

Spontaneous barbeque this evening. Very nice indeed. Now to try getting children to bed.

Comment

Hennessy (1975) - IMDb

That sounds pretty good, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Pity

Comment

Evening all

I'm watching Split (Split (2016) - IMDb) this evening, having watched Unbreakable a few weeks ago.

Today I changed the bed linen, so gorgeous fresh sheets for sleepytime later. After that, a stroll up to the high street to buy a couple of bottles of Apothic Red from Waitrose (currently on offer at £6 and a bit of shrapnel) amongst other bits an pieces.

This afternoon I got the Jeyes Fluid out and scrubbed the patio clean. It now has that disinfectant smell of a public toilet but, damn, the tiles are clean. Very happy bunny.

Comment

Working...
                      X